Gel manicures only

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm new to this industry, newly qualified. I'm just wondering how many clients ask/have acrylics compared to a just gel manicure on the natural nail?

I'm doing nails on the side at the mo and don't want to charge anyone until I'm satisfied with my application but looking ahead is acrylics something I would also need to learn to get a good client base in future?

What percentage of your clients are natural nails and what percentage have acrylics?

Thanks

I'm doing gel nails too. But I will be adding acrylic to my services as people have been asking me about it xx

I'd say I'm about 80% gel polish to 20% acrylics approximately

I'm also a staff at nail salon in Phoenix city. I see it includes about 75% of gel and 25% of acrylic

Mine are 80% acrylic and 20% gel lol and they to change over from time to time

I'm fully booked most of the time and only do approximately 3 or 4 sets of gel polish per month. My appointments are acrylic. I prefer acrylic but gel polish is a good earner as I can do a £23 set in 30 mins and can slot these appointments in easily. I'm trying to do more.

Ciderella do you work in a salon or from home? I'm setting up from home in the next year so just interested to hear how others find it

Ciderella do you work in a salon or from home? I'm setting up from home in the next year so just interested to hear how others find it
I have a home salon. I use Cuccio veneers and have approx 200 colours but find so many people now do their own gel polish with diy kits.

Hello!

I'm new to this industry, newly qualified. I'm just wondering how many clients ask/have acrylics compared to a just gel manicure on the natural nail?

I'm doing nails on the side at the mo and don't want to charge anyone until I'm satisfied with my application but looking ahead is acrylics something I would also need to learn to get a good client base in future?

What percentage of your clients are natural nails and what percentage have acrylics?

Thanks
I would wait to see what the demand is in your local area. We don't offer acrylics at all at our salon and most of our clients really appreciate that. A couple of salons in my immediate area are the same.

We are approx 90% gel polish / 10% regular polish.

And i would still charge, just advertise a reduced rate until you are up to speed to an application standard you're happy with (advertise as an introductory rate)

Latest posts

Back