Gel nail extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fayriley

Reaction score
Hiya I'm newly qualified in gel extensions and brought the salon services kit to practice with but I'm finding the gel really runny can anyone recommend one that's a bit thicker please x

Personally i love the ibd uv led hard gel... in pink... its fairly thick but levels out nice....

Hiya I'm newly qualified in gel extensions and brought the salon services kit to practice with but I'm finding the gel really runny can anyone recommend one that's a bit thicker please x

What gels did you use on your course ? Were they not thicker ?

We, at Nails International, do a good range of different viscosity gels and probably the easiest one for a newbie would be our 1 Phase or our Perfect Builder . neither of those require base coats and are easy to work with.

I have been using Gel Essentials on FB. Brilliant. Nice thickness to sculpt with too x

We used the ibd on my course and I found it a bit to thick but that's probably just because I'm new to it. I will have to give it another go and keep practicing with it.
Thanks x

I started with the Salon Services gel and I hated it - it is super runny and kept running into the side walls. Ruined my confidence when I was trying to practice.
I now use Cuccio T3 LED which is super thick so doesn't move but I started with the Cuccio T3 UV gel. It's not as thick as the led but is really nice to work with and to mould without it running. Try flash curing for 10 seconds after each nail as well, gives you more time to work on the other nails.
Find one you love and keep practising with that one as they are all so different.

I use the whole Cuccio range now because it all just worked for me :) HTH!

Yea that's the problem I'm having with it! If it's not running into the side walls it seems to form a dip near the free edge. I honestly thought I was doing something wrong, I've been practising on friends and I've not managed to do a set I'm completely happy with yet it's making me wonder if I'll ever be able to get it right.
Where can I buy the cuccio from and do you know if they do a small starter pack for me to try out x

Yeah I wouldn't recommend their gel although flash curing does help a lot!
I buy from www.cuccio.co.uk but if you contact them the reps are really friendly and should be able to offer you a deal :)

When I started using the LED gels I got a deal with the lamp included so definitely worth an email :)

Brill thanks x

Latest posts

Back