Gel nail popped off whole

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jax47

Reaction score
I just changed from cnd uv to a cnd led lamp because of gel nails popping off and my clients nail just popped off what am I doing wrong? Any suggestions?

Gel nails don't just pop off by themselves. Has your client sent you a pic? x

Gel nails don't just pop off by themselves. Has your client sent you a pic? x
Not the first time it's happened to me. Yet I have had some lasting 2 months.
Literally comes off whole

Have you been doing nails long?
Are you using shellac or a different brand?
Maybe run through your prep & application and we might be able to see if there's anything that might be causing problems. x

Have you been doing nails long?
Are you using shellac or a different brand?
Maybe run through your prep & application and we might be able to see if there's anything that might be causing problems. x
I'm using shellac. I've been in the beauty industry for well over 25 years
Used to do silk nails then bio sculpture now shellac. Did a course with them over 2 years ago all same steps
So frustrated

Are you educating your clients on aftercare. What not to do, cuticle oil etc. You'd be surprised how many don't and are quick to blame you when something goes wrong.

Can you see any damage on the clients nail which would indicate they picked it off?

Making sure cuticle away is completely deactivated/removed from the nail?
(if you are using it)

Are you capping the free edge?

Those are just things off the top of my head but to be completely honest if you have some really heavy handed clients, maybe shellac just isn't strong enough for them.
x

Are you educating your clients on aftercare. What not to do, cuticle oil etc. You'd be surprised how many don't and are quick to blame you when something goes wrong.

Can you see any damage on the clients nail which would indicate they picked it off?

Making sure cuticle away is completely deactivated/removed from the nail?
(if you are using it)

Are you capping the free edge?

Those are just things off the top of my head but to be completely honest if you have some really heavy handed clients, maybe shellac just isn't strong enough for them.
x
Thanks for helping me try work it out
Yes to all the questions
So she came in yesterday and I redid it. The nail was perfectly intact. She scratched her leg and it popped off. Still didn't make sense
Any more ideas
Could it be the new lamp

Thanks for helping me try work it out
Yes to all the questions
So she came in yesterday and I redid it. The nail was perfectly intact. She scratched her leg and it popped off. Still didn't make sense
Any more ideas
Could it be the new lamp

I wouldn't have thought it would be the lamp as otherwise it would surely be every set of nails.

Unless she's using a hand cream or lotion that could be affecting wear?
One of my clients used to use clarins hand cream and it would make her nails slide off whole. Stopped using it and it stopped. I don't know what ingredient it was that caused it though x

Last edited:
Is it just the odd nail or the whole set? It seems very strange
Try buffing underneath as you would in an enhancement, use Young Nails Protein Bond on the whole nail and perhaps try Duraforce base coat.
If nothing works, then I'm afraid she's gonna have to have this odd nail as an incredibly thin overlay in order to keep the gel polish on.

Latest posts

Back