Gel nails with opal tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sugarleaf

Reaction score
Hiya, I saw the best ever gel nails on youtube! They look amazing and so perfect! I emailed the lady about her nails, but she was unable to tell me what nail polish brand/colour was used on her white shimmery tips, but she said that they were called "opal tips" and the tips that were applied came ready in that shimmery colour (no nail polish)
Does anyone recognise these, does anyone know what system of gel nails arre they? If not can anyone recommend a similar nail polish to use? Many thanks!! Here's the nails:

*edit* better piccy!! :green:
Many thanks!!!
Sugarleaf

Last edited:
There is no way of knowing what gel system she's had on her nails and the tips can be found on various nailart/tips websites so your nail technician should be able to source some for your appointment if you ring and enquire about them first.

There were a few things that she was misinformed about on the video, ie that the techs she went to before were doing it wrong, how does she know that for sure?
It's a bacterial infection that's caused the green stain on her nail, that can happen for various reasons and isn't solely the technician's fault. She goes on to say that gels are much better than 'acrylic', that's not true at all!

hth's :hug:

Last edited:
Hiya, are "opal tips" quite common? She said when they were applied to her fingers, the tips were already that opal-shimmer colour, do you know what these kind of tips are called at all so I can look for some?
Thanks, sugarleaf : )

They're more than likely called something like 'pearlised' or 'pearl' tips.
They are made in that colour the same as coloured tips in red/black/blue etc etc.

You could try looking on the Pro-Impressions website, they do a LOT of different styles of tips but do take them to your tech and don't try applying them yourself.

Thankyou so much Sandi! I will try looking for them on that site pronto. Yeah I could try and do them myself but I want them to look
like that ^^^^ :green:
Thanks for your help!

Wow!!... that girl has a LOT of time on her hands :lol:

The gel she has on her nails looks exactly like Bio Sculpture 2037 Bridal gown.

It's a white preal like gel that you would apply to the tip of the nail.

BTW.. she mentions that gel nails are better for your nails than acrylic as they'd make them stronger :eek:... that's NOT TRUE!!

you can get that same look simply by applying a thin coat of opalescent/pearly nail enamel over your french.

Latest posts

Back