Gel polish brands, which one?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donnadee

Reaction score
IDB, CND, gelleration, Bluesky.. so many to choose from, what do you use and have you used any of the above and not stuck with them for certain reasons?
I like the look of Bluesky, slightly cheaper than some.
What do people think of IDB?

I'm guessing you mean IBD? That's the brand I use as wanted something different to the shellac that the market around me all use. Blue sky is cheap but personally I chose not to use it as didn't trust the source as to where it's made and where the suppliers had purchased from. Plus because it's not professional only brand I tend to think of it like a "smart price or supermarket value brand" it may do the same thing but there's a reason it's so cheap. I.e the ingredients may not be sourced ethically or might be of a lower quality. Obviously each person has their own choices but that's my personal opinion.

I know CND is a well respected brand and there are many professionals here who use it and have trained with them. As it's a gel polish hybrid, that's it's USP and why it's charged at a higher price.

I don't have any experience of Gelleration though sorry. Only in a removal I did once. It may have been the techs application of it but it was so difficult to remove! And I've removed other brands like blue sky, IBD, Shellac and OPI before.

I guess it all depends on what type of service you want to offer and the types of clients you want to attract.

Have a look at Ink London ILac. It's a very reasonable brand and great product.

I use cuccio xxx

Latest posts

Back