Gel polish, French

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marion Timmons

Malonator
Reaction score
Hello all. Always there is a ridge/dip, where the white smile line stops, as it has two thin coats of white, and one top coat, or even two doesn't do it! It's not a massive dip, but it's there, annoying me very much! Any suggestions lovely people? I am a Nail tech of 18 years, trained with Creative, but can't seem to crack this one! Thank you ☺

I use Gelish and do 1 coat of my chosen French colour, 2 coats for the white then a thin coat of structure gel to get rid of the bump then top it off. Always get that little bump no matter how thin my white coats are [emoji51]
Lasts 3 weeks and stays perfect (which I think is thanks to the coat of structure gel)

If you use shellac could you lot use a thin layer of smoothing gel after your white? x

I use Gelish and do 1 coat of my chosen French colour, 2 coats for the white then a thin coat of structure gel to get rid of the bump then top it off. Always get that little bump no matter how thin my white coats are [emoji51]
Lasts 3 weeks and stays perfect (which I think is thanks to the coat of structure gel)

If you use shellac could you lot use a thin layer of smoothing gel after your white? x
Thanks for your reply, it seems there is no way around it then just using only gel polish products.?If you do the layer of structure gel, do you still get a slight bump? I think i am going to try and stamp it on, and top coat it in..lol....it will be nice and thin then!

Nope don't get any bump at all once I've used structure. x

Latest posts

Back