Gel polish - what do you use to wipe off the tacky layer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klk91

Reaction score
Hi, im newly qualified and was trained with Crystal Nails.

I was just wondering what people use to remove the tacky layer on a gel polish.
I was trained to use the Crystal Nails products but they are hard to get hold of. Well you can buy off their website but costs around £6 for delivery which is ok if you have a big order but pointless when you only need to buy one thing. I have a wholesalers in my town but unfortunately they dont stock crystal nails. Im slowing running out of my 'wipe off'

Do all 'wipe off' products create the same finish ?

Thanks in advance :) x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I do a fair bit of Gel Polish and I've tried a generic brand "Gel Cleaner", designed to remove the dispersion layer off any system, it works but it does slightly dull the final finish.
Technically you can just use Isopropyl Alcohol also, that does remove the tacky layer....BUT I also find it slightly dulls the finish.
So, I use the same brand Gel Polish Cleanse for the system I'm using and I get perfect results everytime, nice and glossy.
Each to their own, some techs mix and match different systems products and they're ok with the results. Professionally I prefer to use the whole system of the particular brand because it's designed to compliment the product and I do think it makes a difference.

HTH :)

I did buy some isopropyl alcohol but I also thought it gave the finish a dull look.
Thanks for your advice. I did try using the edge gel wipe off and was pleased with it. Wasnt sure if it would effect the wear of my polish.

I will have a look round my wholesalers and see what they offer.

Thank you xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

You're welcome love, so much to learn and try I know!
Keep asking questions though and do lots of research, the more knowledge you gain too will show your clients you're confident in your product choices which they'll notice and appreciate.

:) x

Latest posts

Back