Gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brooke_09

Reaction score
Hi there, I did a gel polish for a client and she had very oily nail beds so I made sure they were super dehydrated even primed them! After 5 days theyve lifted. Is there a next step from here? As far as I am aware there isn't? X

Cnd Scrubfresh is a super nail scrub cleanser/dehydrator, failing that they also do Nailfresh for lift prone clients too.

Cnd Scrubfresh is a super nail scrub cleanser/dehydrator, failing that they also do Nailfresh for lift prone clients too.
Thank you so much I will try this, thank you again x

Hi there, I did a gel polish for a client and she had very oily nail beds so I made sure they were super dehydrated even primed them! After 5 days theyve lifted. Is there a next step from here? As far as I am aware there isn't? X
I'm sure you meant to say nail plate and not nail bed lol however I think it's important to point out that as the nail plate does not contain sebaceous glands then strictly speaking it's impossible to have oily nail plates.

However, some clients do suffer excess moisture of the hands which can in turn transfer onto the nail plate and cause issues. In this instance you could try dehydrating one hand and then apply base coat before moving onto the second hand. This removes the temptation of the client perhaps touching their hands, face etc.

Latest posts

Back