Gel Replacement? Cracked Tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorraine1

Reaction score
Hello

Can anyone tell me if you have to replace a nail enhanced with gel if it has cracked on the tip or can you buff down and apply more gel etc..? I know you can cut down file/shape apply a form and sculpt, but my client just has the "natural" look i.e not french so obviously to sculpt the colour would be different.

I'm using NSI balance gel.

Thanks

Lorraine

this is sooo spooky as i have the same prob and dont know what to do..

I use brisa and my client rang yesterday to say four of her tips have little cracks in them, she has natural tips with clear gel. If she had of had paint on white you wouldnt see them, she is coming back on tues...i was going to replace all four.
As for the cause of this, my clippers are new so it shouldnt be that, they wernt cracked when she left me and i dont go mad with my scrubfresh, so i am at a loss.

please help us crack chicks...xxx

It's reassuring when someone has the same problem, i'm still training and sometimes I feel like giving up!

My crack has cracked all the way through (from front to back) so I kind of think
really to get the same finish ie "natural look" i'll need to replace the whole enhancement.

Lets hope someone out there had an answer or two.

Lorraine

'please help us crack chicks' I'd say stop taking it Angie, it's not good for you! :)

I would just file until you had got rid of any cracks, they may just be on the surface. I have a crack across my stress area at the moment, not built up enough, and my enhancements are too long :o I did bash my nail, but at least my natural nails aren't damaged, in this case i wil have to file most of the enhancement off, if i was wearing L&P it would probably be quicker to soak off.

Sorry, not much help really, back to my chocolate :lol:

Lorraine1 said:
Hello

Can anyone tell me if you have to replace a nail enhanced with gel if it has cracked on the tip or can you buff down and apply more gel etc..? I know you can cut down file/shape apply a form and sculpt, but my client just has the "natural" look i.e not french so obviously to sculpt the colour would be different.

I'm using NSI balance gel.

Thanks

Lorraine

I don't know how hard NSI is, but if you have a hard gel (not a soft kind of rubbery) I suppose you can file off the gel where the crack is and then reapply gel. I normally do this and it stays on untill the next fill. (My English isn't the best...:))

Cec.

Cec said:
(My English isn't the best...:))
your english is fantastic :D

i'm going to be watching the answers on this thread as it's something I get with my own nails.

Funny you should say this but the nails I showed you last week my daughters well 4 or 5 of them have a crack in them!!!! more in the centre of the tip!
I use NSI Balance on the DVD it says put the balance bond on nail and tip which I did but now I think could it be the balance bond which has split the tip?
Caz xxx

ValencianNails said:
your english is fantastic :D

i'm going to be watching the answers on this thread as it's something I get with my own nails.

Thanks a lot for mentioning my English! :)

As I told you, I am used to do this with my customers, and it never fails. BUT I suppose you have to have a hard gel, I believe a soft gel will not manage to "hold up" (here we go again with bad English...:-D) the crack.

Cec.

i am a BRISA fan (after using L&P for 10 years), when my customers come back with a crack in their nail,( due to a knock) starting from the free edge, file the nail as if you are doing a fill, where the crack is, file across it untill it disapears, careful not to file into the nail plate, wipe with scrubfresh, then liquid bond and fill again, you would never tell. i do find that the longer the nail enhancement the thicker the gel has to be across the stress point, due to my nails being very long. if your clients are finding they are cracking their nails often but like the length and they wont try them shorter, make the stress area thicker and charge extra for using more gel. just remember when the nails grows and they come back for a fill, file the thickness down, and repeat with building the stress point again. my clients dont mind paying extra as this has proven to stop them cracking nails.
hope this works for you ;)

Hiya, the cracks my client has arnt in the gel, the tips have cracked, you can only see them cos she has natural finish. The cracks go from free edge of tip down to stress line. Not across the nail. Removal and re-do is my only option I think !!

The tips will crack if you`ve put too much scrubfresh on them or if you`ve put liquid bond on them or if you`ve used the wrong size tip and made it fit a larger nail than it shouldn`t be on.
What you need to do if find the reason and prevent it happening cos the only way to deal with a cracked tip is to take it off and put another on, sorry guys, probably not what you want to hear.

Hiys Debs, thanks for your help,

I was carefull when useing nailfresh etc...so i dont think its that...

But she did have very flat, low and wide nail beds !!! this may be the prob...i did size them up, but maybe not well enough..

I used formation and reduced the well...is there anything eles i should or could have done for these nails ?
xx

NailStyle said:
Hiya, the cracks my client has arnt in the gel, the tips have cracked, you can only see them cos she has natural finish. The cracks go from free edge of tip down to stress line. Not across the nail. Removal and re-do is my only option I think !!

I understand what you mean, and again, I have had great luck with filing the gel off where the crack is, and then reaplly gel. It doesn't happen often, but IF it happens I do this.

Cec.

SNAP LIKE MINE! THIS IS JUST THE SAME AS MY DAUGHTERS.
CAZ XXX

NailStyle said:

NailStyle said:
Hiys Debs, thanks for your help,

I was carefull when useing nailfresh etc...so i dont think its that...

But she did have very flat, low and wide nail beds !!! this may be the prob...i did size them up, but maybe not well enough..

I used formation and reduced the well...is there anything eles i should or could have done for these nails ?
xx

Hi ange

If your client has very flat nails take a tip that is 2 sizes too big and then tailor to fit. That way the tip wont 'pop' off the nail or cause any stress to it.
You should never wipe your tips with scub fresh as this will crack them but you would see this straight away.
As we have already discussed it sounds to me like she has whacked them she may not have realised she has but.........

Wow

Thanks everyone for the helpful advice I've got lots to congitate (I think that's the correct spelling).

But it's really as I thought as my crack has gone all the way through to do a removal and re-apply.

Thanks again

Lorraine

Latest posts

Back