Gelish colours - patchy? Sweet Morning Dew

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JVA

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm just starting out and have my lamp etc and chose the following polishes to try...

Tiger Blossom
June Bride
Sweet Morning Dew
Gossip Girl
Not So Prince Charming
Manga-round With Me

I used Gossip Girl the other day and it was fab but today I used Sweet Morning Dew and it looked nothing like the colour online and was really patchy when painted on my clients nails. I ended up doing 3 coats and it still looked inconsistent!

Just wondered if anybody else has had a similar experience with this or other Gelish polishes? It worries me as they're the most expensive polishes really....

Also if you have any other fav's to recommend which have good coverage, please let me know.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2021.JPG
    IMG_2021.JPG
    792.4 KB · Views: 67
Hi i have found this with some Gellish colours too. I have just bought sweet morning dew and needed three coats, it is a bit frustrating. Also I or-child you not is like it too.
Good coverage I have found so far are shake it till u samba, gossip girl, Cruisin the boulevard and live like there's no midnight. I'm new to this too so I'm interested to see as well which ones are most popular x

Thanks Mimi,

Yes Gossip Girl is fab, looked great after 2 coats.

It's frustrating as you don't want too many coats or to put them on thicker as it then looks too bulky. I did 3 today but it still looked uneven/patchy. Not good when they're £20 a bottle!!

Have you tried any other brands yet?

Have you tried gently stirring the gels with an orange wood stick/cuticle tool?
The pigments can settle at the bottom where they have been sitting for a while.
My sweet morning dew looks nothing like that colour and is full coverage in 2-3 coats. x

Thanks I'll try it and see!

I didn't realise about giving it a stir either will try that thanks cheeky chic. My sweet morning dew also looks more coral than orange in your pic JVA, maybe it's the lighting though. No I have only tried Gellish as that what I trained in so bought all the kit in also fairly new to this too . Here's a pic of my sweet morning dew.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1498500878.652155.jpg
xx

I didn't realise about giving it a stir either will try that thanks cheeky chic. My sweet morning dew also looks more coral than orange in your pic JVA, maybe it's the lighting though. No I have only tried Gellish as that what I trained in so bought all the kit in also fairly new to this too . Here's a pic of my sweet morning dew.View attachment 205244 xx

I do it with every new bottle, as they could have been sitting for a while in the warehouse. x

Latest posts

Back