Gelish removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JVA

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondered what you all use to remove Gelish polishes and how long it takes you?

My first client (also a good friend) came to me this week with Gelish on and it was a complete nightmare to remove! Ended up taking me a good hour to get it off her hands and feet. I buffed the nails to break the seal, wrapped in foils soaked in Gelish removal. We did an experiment on her feet and used Gellux remover and that seemed to be better than the Gelish remover! I had to unwrap, buff and re-wrap about 3-4 times.

She has been going to a local salon and I tried this salon a month ago to suss out the completion and I too had a nightmare removing my polish. The girl in the salon uses Gelish polishes but doesn't use their bond, foundation or top it off. She used Gel in a bottle base and top coat so I'm wondering if that is why it was so hard to remove the product? She also used a drill to remove most of the polish then wraps.

Do you all buff and wrap or do you use a drill? I was taught to simply buff and wrap and it should take 10-15mins... Do heated mitts help?

Any tips would be gratefully received

Thanks

Hi,

Just wondered what you all use to remove Gelish polishes and how long it takes you?

My first client (also a good friend) came to me this week with Gelish on and it was a complete nightmare to remove! Ended up taking me a good hour to get it off her hands and feet. I buffed the nails to break the seal, wrapped in foils soaked in Gelish removal. We did an experiment on her feet and used Gellux remover and that seemed to be better than the Gelish remover! I had to unwrap, buff and re-wrap about 3-4 times.

She has been going to a local salon and I tried this salon a month ago to suss out the completion and I too had a nightmare removing my polish. The girl in the salon uses Gelish polishes but doesn't use their bond, foundation or top it off. She used Gel in a bottle base and top coat so I'm wondering if that is why it was so hard to remove the product? She also used a drill to remove most of the polish then wraps.

Do you all buff and wrap or do you use a drill? I was taught to simply buff and wrap and it should take 10-15mins... Do heated mitts help?

Any tips would be gratefully received

Thanks
I can completely remove gelish in 10 minutes.
If it's actually gelish that had been used it shouldn't take that long.

I remove shine on one nail, wrap & repeat for the rest. Then go back to the first nail and push off any product that has loosened,rewrap then move in to the next until the remaining is off. x

Thanks Well I know the nail tech had used a Gelish polish but not Gelish base or top coat plus it was quite thick so I'm hoping that's why it took so long! I'll see when I remove them in a few weeks, after my application this time.

Hadn't thought about buffing and wrapping each nail as I go along, that'll definitely save some time too, thank you.

What removal liquid do you use? Gelish or another brand of acetone?

Thanks Well I know the nail tech had used a Gelish polish but not Gelish base or top coat plus it was quite thick so I'm hoping that's why it took so long! I'll see when I remove them in a few weeks, after my application this time.

Hadn't thought about buffing and wrapping each nail as I go along, that'll definitely save some time too, thank you.

What removal liquid do you use? Gelish or another brand of acetone?

I use the gelish soak off solution. x

I think you have the answer already. I use Gelish on myself and clients and by the time I Buff and wrap both hands the first hand is ready to come off, bar a finger or two it comes out in one piece. I use the full gelish system. I even have a client for which I reinforce some nails with Structure Gel and those come out even better.
If they are using a different top and base you have to go with the time and removal process for those products and account for that in your removal.

Latest posts

Back