Gelish / Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trix

Reaction score
Hi. I currently offer Gelish and have the 18G lamp. I have a client that prefers Shellac. Has anyone cured Shellac under the Nail Harmony Gelish 18G lamp? Did it work? Did it last? TIA.

Hi. I currently offer Gelish and have the 18G lamp. I have a client that prefers Shellac. Has anyone cured Shellac under the Nail Harmony Gelish 18G lamp? Did it work? Did it last? TIA.
I've just started using Shellac and I haven't got the CND lamp I have a 36 watt UV lamp (4x9watt bulbs) I'm testing it on myself first and it's been a week so far and all is good. However the start up cost is around $140 so you need to make sure it's going to be worth it for one client if your lamp doesn't do what it should. Oh and the time was longer I did 2 Min per coat, 8 Min curing all up.

CND only recommended their brand lamp for a full cure. Just because it looks cured doesn't mean it is. Mixing and matching products is not recommended to protect both yourself and your clients. Clients are at risk of over exposure and potential allergic reactions, and you are at risk of invalidating your insurance and your business should anything go wrong.

CND only recommended their brand lamp for a full cure. Just because it looks cured doesn't mean it is. Mixing and matching products is not recommended to protect both yourself and your clients. Clients are at risk of over exposure and potential allergic reactions, and you are at risk of invalidating your insurance and your business should anything go wrong.
I've been doing nails for a very long time and every company will tell you that you need their whole system, I've chopped and changed companies over those many years and I've never had to buy there the full system. I do believe on trying everything first on myself then a family member then a few friends and if all is ok I don't really understand why not. Allergic reactions can come from any suppler it like hairdye you have to do a test strand first but seriously have you ever done that or seen a hairdresser. Infection comes from two things not using isopropyl alcohol in the beginning on fresh nails, after cuticle clearing, after buffing and using the same file on more than one person, also if lifting has happened making sure all lifted edges are removed prior to fixing. I won't believe that buying a CND lamp is need if another brand cures it and there are no side effects

I've been doing nails for a very long time and every company will tell you that you need their whole system, I've chopped and changed companies over those many years and I've never had to buy there the full system. I do believe on trying everything first on myself then a family member then a few friends and if all is ok I don't really understand why not. Allergic reactions can come from any suppler it like hairdye you have to do a test strand first but seriously have you ever done that or seen a hairdresser. Infection comes from two things not using isopropyl alcohol in the beginning on fresh nails, after cuticle clearing, after buffing and using the same file on more than one person, also if lifting has happened making sure all lifted edges are removed prior to fixing. I won't believe that buying a CND lamp is need if another brand cures it and there are no side effects

In the UK our insurance specifies that we use a full system and follow manufacturer instructions. We don't mix and match.

We aren't talking about infections, we are talking about reactions and over exposure. Over exposure occurs when you are not using the right lamp for the products.
You can not tell whether the product is fully cured.
CND state you must use their lamp with Shellac - that is the manufacturer instructions.

Trying on family and friends for reactions and over exposure isn't correct. It can happen over a period of months, not just 1 service.

I think you need to retrain as you aren't making sense. This is a professional site, not for DIYers.

In the UK our insurance specifies that we use a full system and follow manufacturer instructions. We don't mix and match.

We aren't talking about infections, we are talking about reactions and over exposure. Over exposure occurs when you are not using the right lamp for the products.
You can not tell whether the product is fully cured.
CND state you must use their lamp with Shellac - that is the manufacturer instructions.

Trying on family and friends for reactions and over exposure isn't correct. It can happen over a period of months, not just 1 service.

I think you need to retrain as you aren't making sense. This is a professional site, not for DIYers.
I have worked in salons for many years I have only just given up, so please don't assume things

Latest posts

Back