Gellux-what to charge?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

traineenailtech

Reaction score
What do you charge for a gel polish? I see prices for shellac ect but what do you/would you charge for it with gellux?xx

Hi I use Gellux and I charge £25 a set. I am based in the cheshire area so can charge a little more than maybe certain other areas xx

Okay thanks. Im unsure on what to charge. A girl does gel nails and charges £22 but cant remember the brand she uses ( its not gellux) so would i be better indercutting or charging more?xx

I definately wouldn't put yourself lower, u will still be doing as gooder job (if not better) than her so u don't need to value urself lower! I would probably put it at £25 but maybe do an offer for a few weeks at £20 so clients get to know u and if they like u and see that u do a good job, they should stick with u! Xx

Thank you :) she doesn't do nail art or anything which i provide so i do feel that charging more would be better as sometimes it takes me a few hours depending on what the client wants. Im also going to be doing 3d nail art so what would i charge for that?xx

I've never done 3d nail art so not sure how much longer it would take but I would say definately at least an extra £3/4 depending how much they coat to buy? Xx

Perfect thank you. Not sure on the costs of the gel yet to do them but will find out in a few weeks :) no one else around here provides 3d nail art so could take in a good few clients with it xx

Gellux is about £xx.xx per bottle. It's brand I'm using and have no issues with it at all.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Gellux is about £11.95 per bottle. It's brand I'm using and have no issues with it at all.

Good luck!

Whar do you charge for a gel polish? X

I charge £25 too. Love Gellux.

£22-£25, depending on how many colours used x

Perfect thanks. Do you do tips and overlays? If so what do you charge?x

I don't do tips under a gel polish as the polish isn't strong enough and the tip could break or pop off. I do tips with uv gel and acrylics

Last edited:
I seriously need to sort my prices out I'm currently charging £15 a set lol x

So what do i need to buy for doing tips then as i have just been told i can use gel polish xx

Hard gel or acrylic, you can use gel polish OVER the structured tip but not to actually build it up x

Okay. Yeah i know you dont build up with gel polish. I have a builder gel that I use to build the apex and shape then a gel polish after all that x

So what do i need to buy for doing tips then as i have just been told i can use gel polish xx

Here's my 2 cents:

What training have you had so far?
To provide Enhancements with a tip, you need to have taken an Acrylic or UV Gel extention class and use the products you were trained with. You can finish with a gel polish over the top if you wish, but gel polish alone is designed as a natural nail service, not one compatible with making a nail enhancement.

I would also add that choosing a price for treatments is not so simple as seeing what everyone else charges and going lower, or just charging the same.

You need to consult with your product suppliers to find out what the cost per service of your gel polish is and add on the cost to you of the other products you use for the treatment to find out your total cost of providing the service. That would be individual to your circumstances, depending on where you purchase all of your supplies and what they cost you.

Then you need to factor in a proportional amount to cover your overheads and bills etc, and add whatever 'wage' you want to pay yourself depending on the time it takes you- as an example, if you are happy to be earning £7 p/h, and the treatment takes 30 mins, you would be adding £3.50 to your costs as your payment.

After you come to a total cost for you to actually provide one service, you decide on what additional amount you would add on to enable you make a profit for the business, taking into consideration your qualifications and experience, and that will give you the price of your treatment. Whether this is more or less than anyone else charges is not the main consideration.
Charge what you, your skill, and your products and business are worth and ensure your customer service and quality justifies your price.

This is something that everyone should be doing for every treatment they provide x

I have been training and doing nails on family and friends for the last 6 months so not a great heap of experience. I have done the gel tips and overlays course and uv gel polish. Im just going mobile so unsure of prices ect and just worry il charge to much or not enough xx

I have been training and doing nails on family and friends for the last 6 months so not a great heap of experience. I have done the gel tips and overlays course and uv gel polish. Im just going mobile so unsure of prices ect and just worry il charge to much or not enough xx

Stick with it and keep going [emoji1] if you can apply UV Gel enhancements, then do them as you were trained and add your gel colour on top if your client needs length first.

Work out your product costs and then decide what to charge, remembering that you need to be charging at least enough to cover your costs and keep you in business and you'll be just fine.
If your cost is say £5 and you are charging £10, that means your business is only making £5 per client. How long do you think you can stay in business on £5 per client, especially in the early days when you might be lucky to have 1 client a day? Work smart and work on keeping your skill level high and you will start to see success x

Latest posts

Back