Getting started.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macca126

Reaction score
Dear all

I wanted some advice. I recently completed a course on extentions and manicure. After the two day course YES, TWO DAYS to learn all there is to know about extentions AND manicure, and only getting round to putting one hand of nails on the other girl, I feel like I was duped! I didn't get enough practice in at the time, (like there was enough!!!!!!!!)

I know from reading through this site that I have wasted my money and time with this training course I went on and I'm really disappointed. However, these things are sent to try us, and this is where i need you lot.:D

I have started an Itec beauty course and have the option of doing an add on module for nails. I think this lasts 10 weeks. My question is, do I opt for this or do I opt to go on a creative course? What are the benefits? It seems as though everyone on this site has done a 4 day course and then go on to do 1-2-1 or masters? :confused: :confused:

I'm a bit unsure of which way to go, as after shelling out for my poor course and buying the kit that came with it, I don't really want to waste any more money or time.:irked:

What do you suggest?

LoL

Macca126

:wink2:

Hi,

Trust me you are not the only one who feels that they have wasted their money on their chosen course, Im holding my hands up here as I am one too.

Does the add on module qualify you to nvq within nails as this would be a good option?

Hi Sarah,

If I decide to do the module, I'll be an ITEC Professional Nail Technician??!! Once I have completed my beauty therapy, I'll be a NVQ level 3.

So not sure if this is the same for the nail cert.

After much thought and reading on this site, I think I might go for a creative course, which is 4 days. Think it might be a good investment, lots of tech's on here seem to rave about it, and so many people can't be wrong can they??

Kind regards

Claire

Claire,

Find out what the ITEC add on covers.

I did ITEC manicure module, did a class one day a month for 7/8 months with practical, theory and case studies in between. It covered anatomy and physiology, health and safety, hygiene, professional ethics, first aid, legislation and more besides, how to actually perform manicure and pedicure was only a tiny part.

I have also just completed the Creative FDFC. As excellent as I think it was, and necessary to find out how the product works, it only scrapes the surface on A&P, nail disorders and hygiene (what do you expect in 4 days??).

If you cover all the above already as part of the course you're doing and the add on is just the process of how to apply L&P, Gel and Fibreglass you may want to wait and do this with whichever supplier you choose - as you won't be able to buy from most reputable companies until you do this.

If your current course doesn't cover the above, and the add on does (not just the 'how to') then I would DEFINATELY say it's worth it. It won't be covered nearly as fully when you do product training so you won't be wasting your money.

HTH. PM me if you have any specific questions.

Latest posts

Back