Gift voucher refund policy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CollinsonMiss

Reaction score
I wonder if you can help ?

We have recently had two occasions where new clients who have had a treatment on a gift voucher(Nails) have come back saying they weren't happy with their nails and wanted a refund. Our first action is to offer to a full re do with another therapist. On both occasions they said they weren't happy and would never want to step foot in our salon again (quite a strong response). On both occasions they seemed happy at the time of treatment and I did feel we should be given the opportunity to put the situation right.

On the first occasion, I refused a refund in cash but would put it onto on a voucher, but she just wanted cash which I said I couldn't do. She then wrote a really bad review on facebook .

The second occasion I gave her a refund of cash for the treatment she had as a gesture of goodwill asI didn't want to go through the same as last time. However she said she still wasn't happy as she wanted a Full refund of her whole voucher which I wouldn't do. I did say as always, they don't have to have treatments they can have products etc. But she left not at all happy and not sure of the outcome of this one.

So, I am not asking for sympthy or anything, If we didn't do a good job, I want to put that right. But I just wondered what your policies are on vouchers? Do you give refunds? Is it easier just to give a refund than have a cross customer who will bad mouth you and then possibly give bad reviews? Just thinking whats the best policy to have to customer service etc without being an easy target and maintain professionalism.

I never offer refunds unless the treatment was awful in which case I'd never allow them too leave the salon. You would never get a cash refund from a voucher In any retail outlet xxx

It sounds like they tried it on a bit to me. Like Nettic said retail stores don't refund vouchers into cash so why should you? If they seem happy at the time then change their mind afterwards that's their prerogative but did they give you an exact reason as to why they were unhappy? If no exact and plausible reason it sounds like they were given the vouchers but just wanted cash instead.

I would put on your vouchers that there are no refunds and only exchange for other treatments or products just the same as any high street retail store. Plus they then can't complain about not agreeing with it as it's on the voucher. Sorry you had to go through that! Some people are just pathetic unfortunately.

Definitely include a policy statement about refunds/cancellations etc. on the back of your vouchers. Then there can be no argument.

Yes, I did feel they were trying it on, but I also thought I don't need the aggravation, which is why I gave a cash refund, never done that on a voucher before but I was busy and couldn't face the hassle. I think you're right AcidPerm, I need to put something on our vouchers in future.

It sounds like they tried it on a bit to me. Like Nettic said retail stores don't refund vouchers into cash so why should you? If they seem happy at the time then change their mind afterwards that's their prerogative but did they give you an exact reason as to why they were unhappy? If no exact and plausible reason it sounds like they were given the vouchers but just wanted cash instead.

I would put on your vouchers that there are no refunds and only exchange for other treatments or products just the same as any high street retail store. Plus they then can't complain about not agreeing with it as it's on the voucher. Sorry you had to go through that! Some people are just pathetic unfortunately.

Well they both had a plausible reason, said their nails peeled, but it was more the fact they wouldn't have a re do by another therapist, which I found the most strange. I guess because its happened a couple of times now - first time in 12 years! I'm kind of feeling I need a strategy in place to deal with it. Just wondering if in the long run its easier and less damaging to give a refund or stand my ground? People are getting so used to getting a refund if they don't like something, they send it back, it feels like its really creeping into all areas.

I've never seen gift card terms & conditions that allow cash refunds... they always state something along the lines of no cash value or value 0.01

I've never seen gift card terms & conditions that allow cash refunds... they always state something along the lines of no cash value or value 0.01
Yes I think thats probably what I need to say on my vouchers in future. Having had time to think about it, giving a refund is not the answer, but sometimes people catch you off guard!

Latest posts

Back