Girls Nail Art Parties

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleMsBuffIt

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Finally got the courage to write and asked advice. Nearly finished a VTCT in Acrylic and Fiberglass and really enjoyed it (now thinking of doing a Creative course), anyway my problem is I have decided to do little girls nail art parties with a friend of mine. My daughter and her friend did a leaflet drop of about 200-250 leaflets last Tuesday and then again yesterday of about the same quantity but I have had no response yet. Do you think I am being to eager or is it the wrong time of year.

LittleMsBuffIt

Hello and welcome.

love your name, is that your biz name?:biggrin:

What type of thing did you put on your leaflet?
If it is an offer for limited time your more likely to get a quicker response. However, if it is just kids parties then they might not have any coming up so might just keep the leaflet til they do have a party.
How about dropping some in the schools, or brownies clubs etc.

Let us know how you get on.

xxx

Hi and welcome,

You tend to find with leaflets that people either bin them or, if it's something they like, goes into the drawer, so don't get disheartened yet.:D

I haven't done a leaflet drop (too lazy;) ) but mainly advertise in my local paper. I have had people call due to an ad that they've seen weeks previous, so hang in there.

I just wanted to say hi and welcome to the board!

I would say try to target your market, like schools, kids clubs. Perhaps you could have a stool at a school fare or fete and do trials or charge and take bookings, sometimes people dont always no how involved nail art is and a demonstaion would help them decide to book. :D

Thanks for the advice. I am going to try and find the local brownie group and see if they can give out a few leaflets. Little Miss Buff It is my bussiness name, my partner thought of it

[/QUOTE]Little Miss Buff It is my bussiness name, my partner thought of it
LMAO!! same thing springs to mind as my idea of 'Hand Job'.......loads of calls but from the wrong kind of client!! LOL

Good luck with the parties though....x

Don't be disheartened, I have done leaflet drops and although you won't get a huge amount you will get some. They don't usually phone straight away either sometimes it's weeks later.

I am thinking of doing that kind of party but calling them princess parties and doing a little make up and adding a tiara.

i do these too and mine is advertised as little princess nail party

I got my first one by doing a friends little girls party for free, all the mums were so impressed- especially the hostess as she had such and easy day, that its now the part of my business that is the most reliable source of income. word spreads hunny and it may pay in the long run to do freebies for friends at first. not too many!!!

Hi all, forgot all about this post as it was end of Jan when I posted it. Well the update on my parties is very good have two this Saturday and one the Friday after. Originally got my first party end of August and since then has really taken off. Last week got my car back window screen sign written so now just waiting on more calls.

Hi there Kelly, am glad the leafleting paid off for you sounds like it's really taken off! I do kiddies parties too and so far have relied on word of mouth but was thinking of a sticker on my back windscreen as well. If you don't mind me asking, what wording have you put on yours? I want to get the message across without loads of script that people wont be bothered to read!!!

pmason said:
Hi there Kelly, am glad the leafleting paid off for you sounds like it's really taken off! I do kiddies parties too and so far have relied on word of mouth but was thinking of a sticker on my back windscreen as well. If you don't mind me asking, what wording have you put on yours? I want to get the message across without loads of script that people wont be bothered to read!!!

Hi Pip lettering takes up whole of the back window in bright baby pink. Kept it really simple. My bussiness name, childrens nail art parties my telephone number (home and mobile, know I'm taking a risk with home number on the back but thought may get more bookings using it) and theres a couple of pictures of nail varnish bottles on there aswell.

Thanks Kelly, will start looking around for quotes now.

Latest posts

Back