Glam & Glits

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThePinkiePixie

Reaction score
Hi guys, do any of you currently use glam & glits powder? If you do, which brand of monomer liquid do you use, I'm fully qualified and totally aware of not mixing brands but glam & Glits do not have or sell their own monomer liquid and just wondered what others used. tia x

I use cjp monomer with mine

I asked Gemma lambert and she said any monomer is suitable X

That's the the small part of the attraction! It's stunning but I find it slow to work with. Worth it though and clients love it.

I just ordered the mood colour change acrylic, can't wait to try it x

It states on the fb group that they don't need capping however if it has coloured glitter in it then definitely cap in clear to protect the glitter when filing.
I found out the hard way today [emoji31]

Does capping in clear effect the colour change do you know?

I ordered two mood changing ones and agree with you ciderella71 it is slow. The colour on screen compared to actual is a bit different too X

I ordered two mood changing ones and agree with you ciderella71 it is slow. The colour on screen compared to actual is a bit different too X
I now watch the videos on Facebook before ordering any more colours.

It's very slow setting and you can't cut it for smile lines or colour blocking which is a let down I do like the colour it defo needs capping my client lost some nails when I used the colour changing with no clear

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1485707245.609345.jpg

Thank you girls! I also ordered the colour change powder it came yesterday and had a very quick play on a nail pop and see what you mean about needing to cap to avoid filing away! And I used my cjp monomer with it, I'm still new to acrylics as I took two years out after my training as I went into labour on my final exam day so got caught up with a newe born, so the slow setting is a bonus for me atm! Thanks for the help!

I'm sad to say I won't be ordering anymore glam & glitz which is a shame as I love the colours but it's like toothpaste and not a nice consistency I'm not a fan

Unfortunately i just bought some Glitz and Glam acrylic powders. Could this be used as a dip application at all? I am only interested in doing this on myself not on clients. I usually use SNS

Unfortunately i just bought some Glitz and Glam acrylic powders. Could this be used as a dip application at all? I am only interested in doing this on myself not on clients. I usually use SNS
I don't do dip application but believe the dip powders are much finer

I don't do dip application but believe the dip powders are much finer
Thanks I guess ill just give it a try. And buff the heck out of it.

I use glam and glitz powder and I use CND retention+ liquid. I also use the CND liquid with Young nails powders. I've been doing this for many years, it's no problem mixing and matching, though I know some won't agree.

I have used Glam and Glits for years. I love that they have an extremely large variety of colors. The downside is it is extremely slow setting and I like to work with it a little dryer as it will run and not hold up consistency while trying to work with it. This is kind of a pain. They are strong though and seem to hold up well. I use them with NSI liquid because I have used NSI acrylic for years. I have noticed the shimmery colors have a better workability and less runny.

Did you try this out at all? I use SNS but was looking to buy some Glam and Glits powders that looked amazing! Hoping it works!

Latest posts

Back