glitter stripes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailfairy

Reaction score
when i was at college we were shown to do glitter stripes by getting some top coat on a fine brush dipping it into glitter and dragging it across. I find this sometimes doesnt give a nice sharp line. Ive seen these striper pens, which i cant say ive used yet, and was wondering wether you can but glitter stripers or wether there is any tips you can give me to getting a sharper result.

Hi, I have some glitter stripers that i bought from a local supplier, They have a long brush in the bottle and come out quite well, cant just wipe them off if you make a mistake though. Think NSI sell them, not sure about creative? if your going to excell im sure there will be some there x

Aspirations said:
I have some glitter stripers that i bought from a local supplier, They have a long brush in the bottle and come out quite well

I have these too, and don't seem to have any major probs with them although it does take a bit of practice to get it right.

The glitter stripers are really easy to use, :cool: I really like them and so do my clients.

I've got a few glitter stripers and use them loads - mine are from Star Nail/Spanges brought from Sally's.

No cleaning brushes

is there anywhere else that sells them other than NSI, dont order anything off them .

nailfairy said:
is there anywhere else that sells them other than NSI, dont order anything off them .

Capital sell them if you have a branch near you, and I am sure Nail Order sell them too. If you're going to ExCel, you will be able to get some there also. I have a couple of non-glitter ones on Geek Bay - pm if you're interested.

Hi,

If i want to do glitter stripes this is what i do.
I use whatever colour the client wants the stripes to be, and paint them on in whatever way the want. Then i have the clear polish from creative which has silver glitter inside, (or the northern lights silver/gold), and using a small brush i simply go over the colour with the clear glittery polish. This works for me!
HTH.

Michx

I love my glitter stripers but, be careful you dont end up with one like I bought.
One on the left (Nail Creations)I got from my local Capital... it has no glitz at all. The one on the right, (Flexibrush) I bought from a show and just look at the sparkle... You really can see the diff on the nail too.
They are fun and easy to use and I wouldnt be without mine, make sure you go for a gold and a silver... you'll use both equally as much. Hth.

Attachments

• Picture 963.jpg
    Picture 963.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 51
I have the same flexbrush ones and they're great really intense colours. wait until Excel as I know you'll find loads there.

Hi,

I bought my set from Alan Roy - you get black, white, red, blue glitter, sliver glitter and gold glitter for £15.25 + VAT.

I would definitely recommend these stipers.

HTH

Does Alan roy have a website?

Latest posts

Back