Glitter tattoo public liability insurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GorgeousAli

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a dilemma!

Does anyone know where I can obtain Public Liability Insurance (PLI) just for glitter tattoos?
I am a fully qualified and insured nail tech, but have decided to add this fun service for my clients to enjoy.
However, when I have contacted my insurer, I have been asked for either a glitter tattoo certificate or a qualification/certificate in spray tan or make-up.
I have neither, and not really looking or wanting to do either of these courses!

I have also been asked recently if I could be at charity events and local fetes and functions etc and HAVE to have PLI. Can anyone assist me?!

Thanks in advance all :D

My insurance cover me for it but if anything happens they want to see your certs and that your qualified. Luckily I'm trained in both maybe ask the insurance company who they accredit to do glitter tattoo training and I bet there isn't one!

Towergate will cover glitter tattoos and face painting under their 'entertainment' policy without the need for qualifications.

I was told that I needed a skin care or spray tan qualification to offer glitter tattoos.
I just found a local spray tan course to be insured to do them.

Towergate will cover glitter tattoos and face painting under their 'entertainment' policy without the need for qualifications.

Ooooh! Fab! Thank you for this! Will get on it tomorrow! Really chuffed! :D

Really appreciate all the advise and help - thanks all x

You may need to be persistent as I remember being passed from pillar to post to get to the right dept. when I got cover some years ago. There are others too. If you have problems ask on www.facepaintingchat.co.uk I'm sure they will know of other insurers.

Soooo I'm after exactly the same thing as you. My current insurer won't insure me without a face painting certificate. I'd love to do an actual glitter tattoo course but I'm having a nightmare finding one localish to me. There's a great one in Southampton but that's 200 miles away :-(
Does anyone know of any in the northwest? Around Manchester of within 60 miles

Ooooh! Fab! Thank you for this! Will get on it tomorrow! Really chuffed! :D

Really appreciate all the advise and help - thanks all x
Hi I have just phoned towergate thay don't cover for glitter tattoos or face panting

Hello Maggie h,

Welcome to the forum.
Unfortunately the OP was in 2013 followed by just the one in 2017 so could well be out of date anyway. Hopefully someone may just jump onto the thread and have some alternative insurance ideas for you.

Latest posts

Back