Glitter tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fluffy

Reaction score
I am so eager to start experimenting with the l&p system and would love to do some glitter tips. Any advice, tips....where do you get your glitter from?

Thanks

Hi Fluffy

I use the glitters from creative, it is not expensive and they do lots of colours. Have fun experimenting. Still cant manage to convert my clients but they like seeing me wear lots of different things. My clients like P&W and occasionally a soft white P&W! Daring huh.

Julie

I couldn't see the glitters on the creative website, am I being dumb?

One of the girls who's nails I do (used her as my model) loves anything glittery or sparkly so can't wait. She'll let me do anything to her nails which is great.

me to ! i have done some flowers by dotting ! thats fun ...

Dont know about the website :| , got mine from Creative OSNS in Salisbury. Also seen glitters in the local Sallys and Capital to mix with powders. Lots of threads about glitters and the like, try a search on glitters.

Julie

The Creative glitter powders are the Metro powders, also glimmer and twilight.

The consistency with glitter is a bit different to regular powder so your mix ratio will need to be adjusted to compensate for this. You might want to get comfortable with the mix ratio using your regular powders first before trying the glitter. Once you have mastered the correct mix ratio with regular powders, I think it's then easier to be able to adjust with glitter etc as you know more what you're looking for (hope that makes sense!).

i have just ordered the metro powders, i didnt realise they were glittery? i thought they were more metallic?! sorry i just freaked cos i dont like glittery nails!!

Capital Hair & Beauty sell different colour glitters for 80p a pot, although I bought a much larger pot from the NSI stand at ExCel for 99p.

Ezflo do a great range of Glitters. They look great on top of white tips if your clients still like the french look.

Hi Fluffy.

We sell both the glitter dust that you can mix with your powder and also 6 shades of glitter coloured acrylic powders. I'll PM you with further details.

zobo said:
i have just ordered the metro powders, i didnt realise they were glittery? i thought they were more metallic?! sorry i just freaked cos i dont like glittery nails!!
Hiya,
Metro is more 'sparkly' than glittery ... very subtle, think your clients will like them!

Thats good to hear about metro's!! mine have arrived today so im gonna start experimenting!!

Has anyone used the metro powders or any other coloured powders from creative?

I usually go on the US website to read their mag (In .pdf format) and find that they put useful tips etc for custom blending which is something i'd really like to offer my clients in future

Do you have the link to the us website Zobo? Would be interested in having a peek.

The magazine is called Fashion Focus and you can view it on your computer by clicking on the link (you need acrobat reader first)

http://www.creativenaildesign.com/pros/pros_fashion.asp

I reckon everyone who is interested to stay on top of competition should take a look at this!!

Latest posts

Back