Going it alone!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alana cairns

Reaction score
I was looking for some advice,I have been thinking about going back to beauty for quite sometime now,have been out of beauty for just over a year (I am a hnd qualified beauty therapist) since 2010,I just don't know if being a mobile therapist is sought after enough to make good money or is bein based in a salon and renting a room better???? Any thoughts?

I'm both mobile and work from my home, I don't think I'd want to be static in a salon as the clientele is 'fixed' if that makes sense? If the salon only employs and attracts women in their 20s then any older clientele you want to attract might feel intimidated and if the salon has a more mature clientele and staff then you might struggle to attract a younger crowd or it's entirely possible I'm letting my own paranoia cloud my judgment lol. I'm currently awaiting my scheme record update for Disclosure Scotland to go and do nail and skincare in local care homes and sheltered housing as well as doing my mobile evening and wedding makeup, I get to work with anyone of any age or size or condition of mobility and it makes for great variety in my working day. In the morning I could be doing nails for a housebound woman who just wants to feel pretty and in the evening I could be glittering up a wee lassie for her 18th Birthday.

Latest posts

Back