Grading of Natural Virgin Hair Extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohanRNam

Reaction score
I need to find out if anybody in the Hair Extension business (Brazilian Hair) can give me more information regarding the grading of these extensions. The grading varies from 3a,4a,5a,6a,7a,8a etc. I am unable to determine the difference, however there are a big difference in price. I have been told the higher the grading it then indicates that specific extension/s is from a young donor for example 15 years old and therefore a better quality, hair, none of my customers could tell me the difference between grade 5a and grade 7a hair when given the extensions and not telling them which is grade 5a and which grade 7a. I have only come upon these classification systems. 1.Andre Walker worked out a classification system for hair using numbers 1--4 and letters a,b and c for grouping different types of natural hair based on the amount of curl or wave. 1a would be very straight, densely packed hair while 4c would be tightly curled, loosely packed hair.2. The LOIS hair classification system identifies natural hair types based on pattern, strand size and texture. The acronym LOIS describes the general hair pattern and the letters stand for the following: L=Bend, O=Curl, I=Straight, and S=Wave (how the hair strands respond when wet). 3. L'Oréal's MIZANI Natural Curl Key is a classification system that recognizes eight distinct hair types using Roman numerals. It ranges from type I being straight or minimally waved hair to type VIII being zigzag coiled hair. This system is based more on hair pattern than on hair volume or its response to moisture.
So I do not know where this grading/classification system comes from and how is it possible to determine the age of a donor if you mixed up the extensions. I would appreciate any comments and advise.

Latest posts

Back