Grant

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holz_69

Reaction score
My cousin and I are going for a meeting tomorrow with business link to try and get a grant to open a small business. We have some money behind us, do you think we should inform them in the meeting about this money, or do you think it may jepodise us being liable for a grant? We roughly have £3000 but it is not enough for us to go ahead with our plans. Thanks in advance.

My cousin and I are going for a meeting tomorrow with business link to try and get a grant to open a small business. We have some money behind us, do you think we should inform them in the meeting about this money, or do you think it may jepodise us being liable for a grant? We roughly have £3000 but it is not enough for us to go ahead with our plans. Thanks in advance.

Business link are fab! I dont no about anyone else but theres not many grants that will help you in the beauty trade. I think they will put you in on to the princes trust to see if they can give you a grant, i no i couldnt find anyone to help me :irked: I would defo tell them you have some money behind you as theres some grants that you have to put half the money to yourself. Business link are fab and are there to help you iv just been to see my advisor and hes just offered me a loan out his own money to get me into a salon :hug: bless him

Aye, having the money saved up may actually be in your favour, as it shows that you are prepared to invest in the business, rather than expecting them to fund 100% of what you need.
Posted via Mobile Device

I got a £700 grant from business link,they dont just give you the money. They pay for the services for example i had bought all my products etc and run out of money for my treatment menus, so i got a logo designed and the leaflets done and the company printed about 3000 of them for me which helped me a lot, this came to about £700 in total. They are fab i love them and the lovely ruth took the logo and design and made my web site so everything matches :)

Latest posts

Back