Grazia Magazine Nails Picture

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow they are fab, xxx

I like the nails! They're sexy, chic and sophisticated with a twist.

Absoluteloy fabulous! Well done Zoe!

I like the nails! They're sexy, chic and sophisticated with a twist.

Perfect description of them......

Now how do we persuade scratch or whatever to persuade Zoe to do a step by step for us!!!

I haven't got the magazine....but must ask does it actually credit Zoe as the Nail Technician. Or did Glynis just know it was her work??

Would be great to see Nail Tech's being credited in these mags.

Now how do we persuade scratch or whatever to persuade Zoe to do a step by step for us!!!
Smart thought!!
I'd love to see that!:)

I haven't got the magazine....but must ask does it actually credit Zoe as the Nail Technician. Or did Glynis just know it was her work??

Would be great to see Nail Tech's being credited in these mags.

Yes she does Izzy, she is described in the text as being "Hot new London Manicurist" and there is quite a bit about her thoughts on nails and how she wants people to get away from the "chavvy look" and she wants "women to be as interested in their nails as they are in their shoes"

As Judy mentioned, this was discussed in Scratch "Nails in the City" so have just had a read through.

One comment by Zoe has got me thinking (potentially very dangerous! :green:)

"After chatting with the photographer, I was told it's better to use the less dominant hand when photographing something like this, so ~ as she was right handed ~ I applied the nails to the left"

Has anyone any idea why this would be?!??!

Yes she does Izzy, she is described in the text as being "Hot new London Manicurist" and there is quite a bit about her thoughts on nails and how she wants people to get away from the "chavvy look" and she wants "women to be as interested in their nails as they are in their shoes"

Oh..this just keeps getting better and better....ta for that!.

great sentiment behind this, others would be verbally bashed if they said it (but seeing as though she "Zoe", said it, it must be OK) guess the chavvies can throw away their "French look" shoes (not that anyone has French mannie shoes) & matching nails....... and get into some much needed color to express themselves as individuals.:)

They are fantastic! I've always wanted a pair of Louboutins but out of my price range, lol. At least this is something I can afford to have a go of!

Will definatley by playing tomorrow :green:

lisa they have some similar ones in new look cos i wanted some - 5 was too small though and 6 way too big!!!
Loving the nails though really really clever idea!

I assisted Zoe on the shoot, and she is really chuffed that you like them (I am too). To answer some of the questions;

She used white tips to stop the black grinning through and dulling the appearance of the red.

She painted the red around the well (not in the well) before applying them, so that it was easier to avoid getting polish on the fingers.

She did not paint them up to the free edge area untill after as this would have peeled during filing into shape.

Then filed into shape.

Applied product over the top.

It took about 45 minutes.

I'm sure that you can fill in the gaps and there are loads of different ways you could come up with to get the same effect.

Cheers for that Mike, I really love them and would love to a try at these :)

So is it basically tips and resin (with a twist) for a shoot?

lisa they have some similar ones in new look cos i wanted some - 5 was too small though and 6 way too big!!!
Loving the nails though really really clever idea!

A mine of usefull information as always Rach! Thanx hun! Off down New Look in the morning for my Louboutins, lol!

So is it basically tips and resin (with a twist) for a shoot?
From what I can gather, yes.
Perhaps someone else will shed further light on this.

Perhaps someone else will shed further light on this.
I know Zoe comes on the site so hopefully she'll see this thread and be able to enlighten us all :green:

I can't decide which I like more

the shoes or the nails :eek:

They are hot, drop dead sexy, and 'shicka-chic' as my french clients would say. LOVE'EM:!: :!: :!: :!:

I gotta try that, or a variation there of, they really are something!!

It's great to see some positive nail news in a consumer magazine....I'll have to get that one today if it's still out and leave it open in reception :)

it's such a simple (yet effective idea) and very original.....pre-coloured tips would make this a breeze. It's people that think like this that re-inspire waining techs, lets hope we now don't get drowned in this idea like basic 3D flowers .... ya gotta admit (those 3D flowers are getting a little wilted these days):)

Well Carl - my opinion is that this is more wearable that the wilted 3d flowers so if it catches on it could be done to death! Especially with the current trend for colours instead of the french white fake look!

Would be interested to see any alternative takes on this look!

it's such a simple (yet effective idea) and very original.....pre-coloured tips would make this a breeze. It's people that think like this that re-inspire waining techs, lets hope we now don't get drowned in this idea like basic 3D flowers .... ya gotta admit (those 3D flowers are getting a little wilted these days):)
Burberry nails were done to death, I think the Louboutin is a bit more subtle and could be done a service using red powder to sculpt out the tip....as Kirsty suggested earlier....but even the Louboutin trade make....flash a bit of red as you walk, is getting a bit common now too....they're everywhere you look and so obvious jmho

Latest posts

Back