Groupon advice needed please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to jump in but at what point do you get paid from groupon/kgb deals? when all the deals have been sold?

When you redeem after 7 day sent you email and money is in your account:)

When you redeem after 7 day sent you email and money is in your account:)

im sorry i dont understand? ...........is that once all your vouchers are redeemed? Or after the deal closes?

I redeem my vouchers after every each week(Sunday). If I have 30 a week I redeem Sunday and after 7days money in my account. Or you can wait and redeem after a month, but I want money more quick. If you want more details pm me. Sorry for English, is not my first language. Xxx

With KGB your deal runs for 7 days, then say if you sell 100 vouchers, 10 days after the 7 days your deal ran for you get 70% of the money for the 100 vouchers sold, then 90 days later when your voucher expires you receive the final 30% if you have had no complaints etc :) make sense? X

Thanks, for that, would you say that many people would buy products? Did you find it useful for your spa?

Hello. I didn't find alot of people bought anything no.

I didn't did it useful at all and I hated doing them. My manager ran the spa on them and it got really boring doing the same treatment all the time.

I am now self employed and would never do a groupon! X

Last edited:
Lol Lolly are you on your phone? Damn autocorrect and predictive text! Xxx

Yeah sorry fee. I will correct it. X

Don't be sorry hun! I was messing with you, you wouldn't believe how long it takes me to type on my phone with it trying to correct me all the time xxx

Haha I know why I am apologising to you, your not the gmg! Haha! :p

I know and on my phone the bottom line you are typing is always hidden. Making it hard. X

we had 2 people return out of 980 vouchers sold as repeat business

This tells anyone who is considering groupon everything they need to know.

This tells anyone who is considering groupon everything they need to know.

But then on the other hand I sold 39 on KGB and 7 came directly to me, I've had twenty something return!! And re book and more recommendations than ever!!

But then on the other hand I sold 39 on KGB and 7 came directly to me, I've had twenty something return!! And re book and more recommendations than ever!!

Fair enough. Perhaps hair is different? :wink2:

But then on the other hand I sold 39 on KGB and 7 came directly to me, I've had twenty something return!! And re book and more recommendations than ever!![/QUO

I do think it's different with hair. As we all know people are very fussy with their hair and finding a good hairdresser who does a great cut is very very important in the hair industry. So that's why they probably rebooked. You are definately very good with hair if that many returned.
With beauty,things like massage and manicure, you can have done anywhere.When a salon puts up an offer for massage, groupon clients go there, but then next week it's another salon doing an offer so why would they return to the first salon and pay full price?
They won't. In the salon I worked the owner did a lot of groupon offers and clients never returned. They were travelling from so far just for the offer that I was shaking my head in disbelief.

50%!!!! thats ridiculous! i understand the climate is bad but id rather exhaust every avenue of self advertising then pay those rates their already discounted! have u not thought about advertising in ur local gazette? do the offers urself and pay an amount for a local magazibe publisher to do it or get flyers printed iff abd ask news agents to add to their round deliveries for a fee.

I know of a salon that were charged more than 50%

They won't. In the salon I worked the owner did a lot of groupon offers and clients never returned. They were travelling from so far just for the offer that I was shaking my head in disbelief.

We had people coming from as far as 56 miles away... that's ONE WAY!! Who would travel over 2 hours for a 20 min massage and a fish pedicure?! I know I wouldn't :lick:

We've done a few Groupon deals and the first thing I would do is make sure you're still making a profit. A friend of mine lost her job because her boss did groupon deals at a loss and the salon closed.

Always negotiate the percentage with Groupon as often you can get them down especially if you are significantly dropping your prices or it's a first time deal.

As previous posts have said ALWAYS get the redemption codes and redeem the day before (24 hours cancellation) so you don't lose out with no shows and stick to your guns. We had loads of chancers phoning the day after they didn't show with all kinds of excuses and threats but the policy is 24 hours notice of cancellation.

I'd give the clients 110%, the same as a full paying client, and also all the aftercare advice etc. We tend to have a sell on deal so say they got a facial for £15 then if they rebook then and there or buy a gift voucher we'll give it to them for £25 - still cheaper than full price but more likely to buy it if they like deals and then build on the customers loyalty.

Our salon's done a few different deals during quiet spells, feel free to PM me for any other deals companies etc.

Kirsty xx

We had people coming from as far as 56 miles away... that's ONE WAY!! Who would travel over 2 hours for a 20 min massage and a fish pedicure?! I know I wouldn't :lick:

What is the point of that the money they have saved has probably gone on petrol!!

I would think VERY before doing a groupon.

I did one back in May last year and would never repeat, they sold 176, 129 booked 23 never turned up then the last few days before expiry was pure hell. People threatening me for an appointment, coming out with rubbish excuses as to why they had missed a previous appointment(5 of the 23 no shows, I kept all telephone numbers next to voucher number) and a women even turned up 2 weeks later waving her voucher at me telling me she had travelled 20 miles with 2 small children in tow!!
By the end of it I 'm afraid my sympathy had gone on holiday!! so no prisoners i'm afraid.:irked:
One women even threatened 'to ruin me' because i could not offer her and her daughter an appointment in 3 days time on a Sunday no less! I politely advised her when I could fit in 2 appointments which was a week later, she declined and then became abusive. I suggested she request a refund from groupon.
I was quite strict with appointments from the outset, i allocated so many spaces per week allowing for full paying new prospects and existing clients.
All in all several months on I have 10% retention, quite low but these are now rock solid regulars.:D The figure was higher till autumn then started to drop a little as unfortunately most that buy, chase the deals....
ps i received 60%

Latest posts

Back