Guidance on future, development please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jo's Nails

Reaction score
Hi I'm looking for a few ideas for my future development.

My status at the moment
I work part time as a nail tech in local salon.
I am on tax credits.
I have two kids.
Single parent.
I have done a lot of training paid for by myself over the last year. Even though I qualified in nails I took extra courses to update my skills and even though its cost me a small fortune its benefiting my work.
Lash lift and tint, waxing, individual, eyelash extensions, 3 day acrylic sculpting course with brillbird and an e file course.

My question is.
Where can I go next?
If you were me what would you do so that in the not to distant future you will be working for your self or find a better job not on minimum wage to be in a better financial position?

I have been thinking of teacher training becoming an educator but don't know where to start.
Maybe some extra courses over the next few years.
Set my self up in business.

It all comes down to money at the end of the day and I am feeling a little stuck for idea's.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks Jo

Hi Jo

It sounds like you have invested so much time and money into getting the qualifications and experience that you already have. You obviously have the motivation and ambition to build something for yourself and being self employed is so rewarding. Can you not just spend more time promoting the services that you already provide and go mobile?

Work hard on promoting yourself through social media, referrals, events, networking etc.

Good luck with whatever you decide xx

Latest posts

Back