Guides

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady_Nightshade

Reaction score
Just wondering what the thought was on the guides that can be used to do a french manicure on natural nails? I use them on myself and love the finish, should they be used on clients or not?

I think it is very unprofessional to use these guides. They don't do a great job either. Best thing to do is, after applying your white, tidy up your smile with some NailFresh or acetone. Do a search on 'French polish' and you'll find loads of advice.

I try not to use them to be fair - they can leave a sticky residue on the nail which the back of the packets says you need to remove with acetone to get rid of the sticky stuff! not convinced!

also when applying the white when you peel the guide off it can smudge the line or even leave a thick line where the polish has collected by the guide.

the only way to learn is to practice on tips - it is something that comes with time, but me personally I do not recommend them.

i wouldnt use acetone as it is very strong. what i do is get a collton bud and dip it in non acetone remover

any client can go into Boots or Superdrug and get a french mani set that contains the guides... the point of going to a nail technician for a french is so that they get a professional finish.
practising is the only way you will perfect your white polish application.
as has been said before, use an old L+P brush (or similar), dip in a bit of scrubfresh or nailfresh and swipe the smile line to crisp it up and make it sharp.
it works wonders and you end up with a fab french finish :D

tried them once not for a client, just to see how good they were, and guess what they wernt any good well i didnt think so anyway, far to fiddley for my liking and dont see the point in them.

Latest posts

Back