Hair color malfunction?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Igless

Reaction score
hi! So I recently went to the hair salon (last week) and have washed my hair twice since then. The color I got was black and naturally my hair is already dark. When I went to wash my hair for the first time, as soon as my hair got wet, the color pink started flowing and mixing with the water. I thought "that happens first rinse" so I rinsed my hair and ran it under the water, only for this to continue happening - I have yet to put any shampoo/conditioner in my hair. Strange. So I put shampoo and the color coming out of my hair was darker, purple. I thought this was strange and when I dryed my hair with my towel, the towel was stained purple! I figured I'd wait until the second wash to worry and now I've washed my hair again and it's still doing that! I can't put on clothes until my hair dries bc everything will stain. I need help! Is this normal??

It depends on what type of hair colour product they put on your hair.
Why not contact the salon and tell them your concerns?

It depends on what type of hair colour product they put on your hair.
Why not contact the salon and tell them your concerns?
Yes, just got back from the hair salon. They didn't have much to say about it :/

Typically a ammonia based permanent hair dye will not do this as we tend to remove all residue with a shampoo or two. Some color lines will have an oil additive in them which require a oil cutting shampoo to completely remove the product. Give it 1 wash with strong detergent Shampoo & condition after as usual. This will cleanse any residue left over in the hair that might be tough to remove due to an oil base.

[edited by moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back