Hair colour disaster

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess0105

Reaction score
Hi, I apologize if I've posted this in the wrong section of the forum. I wasn't quite sure since I'm pretty new to this.

I'm a natural light ash blonde and I have always wondered what I would look like with brown hair. So about 6 months ago now I put a semi-permanent light brown on. It went slightly darker than i would have hoped but I still liked it.
When it started to fade I wanted to experiment with other colours so I bought a reddish brown colour which just so happened to be permanent. I couldn't see the fault in this but now I do. However much I try I just can't get my hair back to my natural colour. I've tryed a colour stripper but it made my hair dry and brittle and like an amber traffic light.
I have currently got dark brown hair (nearly black) since i put on a medium ash brown after i stripped the colour to cover up the orange. It's fading to a reddish colour on the main body of the hair but the roots are fading to a light orangey colour.

Do you think I should just put another semi permanent/permanent dark colour on and then highlight it gradually? I would really like my natural hair colour back but i can't seem to get rid of the red. I can't really afford to have it corrected professionally either.

Sorry about the length of this post.
Thanks

Im probably going to give the advise you really dont want! but you need to see a pro if you're looking at getting it highlighted. you have a big build up of colour from the sounds of it, and it sounds like you;ll need at least a highlift tint on to get rid of the red. i wouldnt like someone to attempt this at home as it can go drastically wrong!
also, if you put another tint on now to tide you over, you're adding to the colour you'll eventually need to strip out.
so options are;
go to a pro. once you've been once to get it sorted you may be able to do it at home next time
or
put a semi on, but you;re basically going back to square one.
hth!

Hi, why dont you consider going along to your local college for a full colour correction ?
they are always looking for this type of thing ,

the students are vey well supervised by their excellent Tutors
and colour correction is only done by the more experienced students
plus it won't cost as much as a salon would .
So why not give them a ring and make an appiontment ?
Ps you can always still go there for any up keep too hth :hug: x

Latest posts

Back