Hair colour help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikolite1000

Reaction score
Hello,
I've purchased a bleaching powder Freeze Ice Lites and developer vol 10 and vol 20. Also dia light semi permanent 10.12 - my client is wanting to achieve cold tone.
Could I just use vol 10 with bleaching or that's not going to lift enough and need to use 20 vol?
Also for one scoop of bleaching powder - how much developer shall I use?
I know it's basic knowledge but I'm self taught and want to make sure I will do it right.
Any help will be appreciated :)

And how do I use olaplex in bleaching process? :)

Her natural base is really deep, dark brown. The rest of the hair is tinted light beige blonde.
Do you think I would get away with just 10vol on roots or go for 20 straight away?
Which ratio would you personally use - 1:1 or 1:2?
Thank you for such a quick response :)

Are you qualified?

As we are not allowed to give technical advice to unqualified people...

If you want to learn to do hair properly, go to college. In the meantime, send your 'client' to a qualified hairdresser.

If you want to learn to do hair properly, go to college. In the meantime, send your 'client' to a qualified hairdresser.

I've successfully finished a 8months course - therefore I'm not a complete amateur.
The reason my friend came to me asking for help as 'professional' hairdressers were unable to do her desired colour ( and she was paying £150-£170 each time).

Did you ask yourself, is her desired colour a realistic option?
Professional hairdressers have the benefit of training and insurance. If you don't even know how to mix bleach and developer safely, you've not really learnt anything useful so far in terms of major colour changes.
Don't risk ruining her hair if you value her friendship.

Im sure most of the hairdressers my friend visited had gone to college etc however what's the point of all that If they still couldn't match her expectations ? I know every hairdresser thinks best of himself/herself but she's visited over 40 of them in last 12 years, from less expensive to the ones celebraties use with same outcome. What's the conclusion AcidPerm?

Her natural base is deep brown with with ginger highlights - she wanted to achieve a clean, beige blonde and always ended up with yellow tones.
Mixing bleach and developer isn't as hard as hairdressers want everyone else to believe.

Did you ask yourself, is her desired colour a realistic option?
Professional hairdressers have the benefit of training and insurance. If you don't even know how to mix bleach and developer safely, you've not really learnt anything useful so far in terms of major colour changes.
Don't risk ruining her hair if you value her friendship.

Im sure most of the hairdressers my friend visited had gone to college etc however what's the point of all that If they still couldn't match her expectations ? I know every hairdresser thinks best of himself/herself but she's visited over 40 of them in last 12 years, from less expensive to the ones celebraties use with same outcome. What's the conclusion AcidPerm?

So 40 hairdressers haven't met her expectations but you, without the benefit of training and experience, will perform a miracle. Good for you.

Her natural base is deep brown with with ginger highlights - she wanted to achieve a clean, beige blonde and always ended up with yellow tones.
Mixing bleach and developer isn't as hard as hairdressers want everyone else to believe.

Its not mixing the bleach and developer that's difficult, it's knowing how to choose the correct developer and timing so you don't snap off the clients hair!

You're being incredibly rude to say that your 8 month course that doesn't include any colouring training is going to achieve what our 3+ years of training can't...

And why ask advice of us if you know better than 40+ hairdressers? You obviously can achieve what we can't.

Latest posts

Back