Hair colouring

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemark

Reaction score
I have been thinking for a while of getting my hair coloured either blue or purple and I am a man with short dark hair. I have never had hair coluring done before and never been to a hairdressers (just the Barbers). So don't know what to expect. Can I go to any hairdressers or is it just specific ones that would do colouring. Would I need a couple of visits before I get the colour put in. I know I could have gone to a hair dressers and asked this but thought I would ask here first so I have a bit of a clue before I go. Anyone have any recommendations on where to go in Newcastle area.

Ok first of all ask your regular barber if he does colouring you'd be surprised how many barbers do have the correct qualifications to practice in this if they have trained in hairdressing. If not though make an appointment for a consultation at your local salon and all good salons will give you a skin test 48hours prior to giving you your hair colour appointment. Also just to note the hair colours blue/purple the more vibrant you go the quicker the colour fades. This could be high maintenance amongst becoming a costly bind. Hope this helps.

Ok first of all ask your regular barber if he does colouring you'd be surprised how many barbers do have the correct qualifications to practice in this if they have trained in hairdressing. If not though make an appointment for a consultation at your local salon and all good salons will give you a skin test 48hours prior to giving you your hair colour appointment. Also just to note the hair colours blue/purple the more vibrant you go the quicker the colour fades. This could be high maintenance amongst becoming a costly bind. Hope this helps.
Thanks for that might ask at my barbers didn't think they would do that as it is not on the pricelist. I wanted to have it quite vibrant but wasn't going to keep getting it done and may go for something less vibrant will have a chat with the hair dresser when I make an appointment. thanks for the advice though.

Latest posts

Back