Hair disaster!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joevandish

Reaction score
Hello all,

please let me start by saying that I'm not a professional and I'm here simply to ask for professional opinions on what my possibilities are for fixing my horrid new hair.

So yesterday, I went to a local hairdresser to get some light ash blonde highlights on my naturally medium brown hair. The result was a brassy/yellow disaster which I immediately hated. The colourist told me he could fix it for me with a toner, but being the douche I am, I made my excuses and left.

Thing is, I've ALWAYS messed with colours and almost ALWAYS had disasters. I guess I may never learn my lesson.

So, I went to a beauty supply store today and asked for a toner which would help combat the yellow/orange and create more of a light ash effect.

She sold me Wella Colour touch emulsion (6 vl.) and a tube of Koleston Special mix 0/11. I was told to mix 1:1 and leave on for 10 minutes....

RESULT: JET BLACK HAIR with HORRID GUNGEY GREEN colour on the previously highlighted parts.

Ok, so I'm pretty sure at this point, you're all wanting to beat me up, for messing with colours when I have no clue. And I would fully understand.

However, I'm not quite dumb enough to want to further experiment and would like to go to a hairdressers and have it fixed. My question to you all, is what do you consider would be possible. Ideally, I'd like to save the lightened parts, even with a light ash brown... but I dread being told I'll have to go back to my natural colour.

If I were to walk into your salons, what would you advise me?

Thanks in advance, your comments would be more than welcomed :)

John

Have you got a picture in natural light? It's hard to know what advice to give when you can't see tones and depth etc.

I think the girl in the wholesalers was having a laugh at your expense. It's bad enough they are allowed to sell professional use only products to the public let alone giving you shockingly inaccurate advice. [emoji24] I don't know if you realise but just because they work in a wholesalers, they are not necessarily qualified to do hair as if they were that's probably what they would be doing!
It's prob gonna cost you a lot more to fix, you should have just let the salon tone it when they offered, it was an easy fix!
You will need to have the colour cleansed, without seeing it, it's difficult to advise but it's quite a lengthy process so won't be cheap unfortunatly. Try and find a salon that uses olaplex too as your hair has been through the mill so will need a bit of tlc to help it recover! Best of luck.

My hair stylist would advise that my next hair appointment would be strand tested before anything else was applied to my hair!

Latest posts

Back