Hair dye allergy...??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoJo169x

Reaction score
Hi all
Not sure if u will know the answer to my question but just wondering if anyone has had any similar experiences.

I had permanant dye put on my roots about 8 weeks ago, two weeks later I noticed I had a bumpy pimple type rash on my face. I thought it was just a break out of spots so left it (even though I never get spots and definately never had anything like this). 4 weeks later I had permanant and semi permanant highlights put through my hair (rash on face was still there). That was just over 3 weeks ago but the last week or so my face/head/neck has been so itchy and felt like it was burning and the pimples had still not gone down so I went to doctors and they said I have had an allergic reaction to the hair dye and have given me some cream and antibiotics.

Was just wondering if the hair dye is likely to be the cause and if anyone has ever heard/experienced anything like this? I'm just a bit confused as to why it has taken a while for the reaction to develop if it is the hair dye and why it has got worse by leaving it.

Thanks
x

Latest posts

Back