Hair extension advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tika

Reaction score
Hi,
I wonder if anyone can help me. I had a weave fitted earlier this week using Indian double drawn hair. The hair looked nice and sleek until I washed it. I did use the shampoo and conditioner that the extensionist supplied. I did leave it on for at least 2 minutes and part air dried part blow dried it and it looks and feels so bad now. Our water is quite hard I might have needed to use more conditioner but is it normal for it to look like this after just one wash? You can vclearly see the difference between my own hair and the extensions which feel like doll's hair.

Attachments

• IMG_2420.JPG
    IMG_2420.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 162
How many grams have u had put in beaut x

You could of done with more hair in beaut as there doesn't look enough in from the pic even tho it dd Indian remy do know long it supposed to last?
If it's feeling like dolls hair clearly not very good at all beaut what have u used to wash and condition it with x

It was supposed to last 6 months. I used the shampoo and conditioner she provided. (Her own named brand.)

I messaged her and she said I could use more conditioner next time but next wash would be a week or so away and it looks so fake, I'm embarrassed to go out like this.

She needs to fix it the hair shouldn't go like that and add more hair there is not enough how much have u paid x

Hi,
I wonder if anyone can help me. I had a weave fitted earlier this week using Indian double drawn hair. The hair looked nice and sleek until I washed it. I did use the shampoo and conditioner that the extensionist supplied. I did leave it on for at least 2 minutes and part air dried part blow dried it and it looks and feels so bad now. Our water is quite hard I might have needed to use more conditioner but is it normal for it to look like this after just one wash? You can vclearly see the difference between my own hair and the extensions which feel like doll's hair.

I'm with Sallie on this one, she definitely hasn't used enough hair! I use Indian Remy on my own hair and my clients, it always lasts a good 6 months if not more. I really think you need to go back to her and tell her you're not happy. I hope you don't mind me asking but how much did you pay? I also live in an area with hard water so I really don't think that's your problem as I don't have an issue with mine. I would say this is the quality of the hair she has used x

I use clynol rapid recovery conditioner on my extensions towel dry and put it in leave 10mins and rinse another great product to use is angel professional nourishing cream that helps with keep extensions soft it's fab
I always put 150g for thin hair 200g to 250g for medium to thick hair

Attachments

• IMG_0450.JPG
    IMG_0450.JPG
    517.6 KB · Views: 75
Looking at it from an outside perspective because I don't do hair...it doesn't look like enough x

Thank you all for the advice. I have contacted the extensionist, she hasn't yet replied and I hope only because it's the weekend. I've washed the hair again, did a deep conditioning, used a lot of conditioner and blow dried it. Still horrible. It just feels rough.
I hope I can get her to remedy this. Based on your recommendations I'll go for more hair next time. (I hope I can get this girl to offer a remedy of some sort, at the moment I just want it all out, it looks very fake. Husband is raging... )

Thank you all for the advice. I have contacted the extensionist, she hasn't yet replied and I hope only because it's the weekend. I've washed the hair again, did a deep conditioning, used a lot of conditioner and blow dried it. Still horrible. It just feels rough.
I hope I can get her to remedy this. Based on your recommendations I'll go for more hair next time. (I hope I can get this girl to offer a remedy of some sort, at the moment I just want it all out, it looks very fake. Husband is raging... )
It's very cheap hair, may I ask how much you paid the fitter? When you get cheap hair it's covered in a layer of silicone to make it feel amazing, one wash & all the silicone is dissolved and the true condition of the hair is revealed, a decent weft on its own without fitting should coat around £250 just for future reference x

Yepp... I paid 190 with fitting. She's coming back tomorrow to check. I now probably smothered it in oils too much, just to stop it from being so frizzy.

I would put your foot down tell her there is not enough hair in there and it's like dolls hair u are within your right to make her correct it or have your money bk x

Yepp... I paid 190 with fitting. She's coming back tomorrow to check. I now probably smothered it in oils too much, just to stop it from being so frizzy.

I would wash it before she comes so she can see exactly how it is minus the oils that are helping it to stop frizzing. I really hope she rectifies this for you, let us know how you get on, good luck.

Well... i got half my money back and I can keep the useless hair. She apologised and said 'Indian hair is like that'. Clearly wasn't when she put it on. I'm not very good with arguing.
It was irritating my skin so much, I was glad when she took it out and couldn't stop scratching my scalp for 15 minutes afterwards.
Now ny own hair feels silly little, so back to the drawingboard to try to find a good extensionist ib my area.

Thank you all again for your advice.

Well... i got half my money back and I can keep the useless hair. She apologised and said 'Indian hair is like that'. Clearly wasn't when she put it on. I'm not very good with arguing.
It was irritating my skin so much, I was glad when she took it out and couldn't stop scratching my scalp for 15 minutes afterwards.
Now ny own hair feels silly little, so back to the drawingboard to try to find a good extensionist ib my area.

I'm so glad you at least got half of your money back, I would have been to angry. I have been going to my local hair extension salon now for three years and shes amazing. I have a weft fitted with micro rings and I love it. I got 8 months out of my last weft and I use the straighteners and curlers on it most days. I hope you find one in your area. The best thing to do is ask what brand of hair they use or where its from. I have beauty works fitted in mine and I've only every heard other positive reviews. Their aftercare products including the argon oil is amazing as well for dry ends! Hope you find a better one and it doesn't put you off them in the future x

Just an update.
I've just checked the hair that she left here for me to keep. It's only half of it. I'm guessing she's sent the rest back ro get a refund from her supplier.
She also seems to have blocked me from messenger.

Could anyone advise me please what course of action I can take against her? This is disgusting behaviour.

Also you can't add a review to her facebook pafe any more.

If she's removed the hair and refunded you half the money I'm assuming the other half she kept was for her time , travelling and fitting , if the hair is genuinely not up to her usual standards and by the other pic of her hair I think that's the case she's sent it off to be looked into , I'm not sure there's anything else you can do ? She's compensated you with half a refund if you wasn't happy you shouldn't of accepted that and told her what you wanted , and it takes more than one wash to get rid of silicone on the hair it was clearly bad hair to start with , maybe it's a learning experience do more research on who's fitting your hair ask to see samples of the actual hair your having before its fitted x

Latest posts

Back