Hair extension micro weft pain

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellie_michellex

Reaction score
Hi,

I have recently had hair extensions fitted they are wefts secured in with micro loops. I have worn clip ins for many years so decided to try something more permanent.

I have had them in for 4 days and they still feel tight and uncomfortable. I have been in contact with the lady who fitted them and she has told me it usually takes around a week - week and a half for them to drop, is this true?

I can feel on the scalp small bumps where the hair is being pulled into the micro loops and am concerned that it is causing too much tension on the root of my natural hairs. I have been told to plait hair before bed however even in a loosely secure plait it is causing discomfort from the direction the hair is being pulled in.

With Christmas and new years coming up I do not want to hit next week and be stuck in pain still.

I guess my main question is is it realistic to wait up to a week and a half for the discomfort to go or should I request another appointment to loosen up the loops?

They can take up to 1 week for any tightness to go however, it does sound like you're in a lot of pain and that the weft has been fitted quite tight. Do you have any pics you can show us?

If it's painful it's too tight and if it's too tight it causes tension bumps, it should be secure but comfortable. X

Latest posts

Back