Hair extensions look greasy, stringy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snaz

Reaction score
Had some extensions which I have purchase from celebrity elite. 613.
Just had them put in a few days ago.

They feel really silky to touch but I find they look greasy compared to my natural hair and more stringy? (by stringy I mean like each bond put in seem separated from next, not flowing as one) if that makes sense?

I've only worn extensions twice, first time racoon and now these, so this may be quiet normal..

Are you maybe using too much protein/conditioning spray? How often are you brushing them daily?

Well I'm a bit naughty, not been to warehouse at moment so not using proper aftercare. I have just used baby shampoo and timotei conditioner on mid lengths and ends.

Do you think if I bought some proper aftercare shampoo condition, thinks it's balmain at my warehouse, that this would work?

It would certainly be a good place to start lol.

If they are looking greasy and stuck together rather than dry and a bit matted then it may be that the conditioner (or even the shampoo) that is the cause, possibly too heavy?. Make sure you are brushing them through a couple of times a day too while supporting them at the roots with your other hand.

hth x

Just looked through my sections, looks like the bottom fed sections are not full rows, so this us why it's probably why looking a bit stringy.
But def getting some proper shampoo and conditioner on Sunday so will see how this goes!!

She's coming Monday so will ask for some more hair put in the bottom..

Thanks

Just looked through my sections, looks like the bottom fed sections are not full rows, so this us why it's probably why looking a bit stringy.
But def getting some proper shampoo and conditioner on Sunday so will see how this goes!!

She's coming Monday so will ask for some more hair put in the bottom..

Thanks

That is most likely it! If you are after lenght and dont put full rows it will look really bad in my opinion because you are left with tapered and stringy ends! I only use the Balmain aftercare, it smells great and is really good. But to be honest you do have to brush your hair a bit more with your fingers sometimes to make the hair flow when it gets stringy.

Thanks for reply.. Theextensionist what colours do you have in your hair and how many bonds do you have?? So I know roughly how many I need.

I'm going to have these taken out after new year and have some balmain in, I'm fed up if these shedding.

If you put a Toner on does this invalidate guarantee??

Thanks for reply.. Theextensionist what colours do you have in your hair and how many bonds do you have?? So I know roughly how many I need.

I'm going to have these taken out after new year and have some balmain in, I'm fed up if these shedding.

If you put a Toner on does this invalidate guarantee??

Their guarantee is a bit fuzzy. But to be honest it doesn't bother me that much because I never once had to send hair back and everyone is always so happy with it. Clients have coloured it and toned it and it stays looking great.

Id think a toner might void it but not a toning shampoo? But them again it does state you need to just use their products. As I said, a bit fuzzy and I think I will actually call them tomorrow to see as this is something that is important to know in detail. But again I have never had a problem.

I have super fine hair to my shoulders and usually put in about 150 from other brands but now I have 100 Balmain and that was plenty for me, maybe a bit less than I'm used to but their strands are so thick so it does look great. I would put 150 but wanted to try this now and see if it was sufficient.

I wear celeb elity hair and its great in comparison to other brands, sounds like you have an issue with the aftercare causing the problem. I use my own protein spray for daily treatment and when i was use my own shampoo, conditioner and argon oil all for Indian Remy Extensions. If you use the correct aftercare they should be fine, avoid X10 though its nor very good at all!

Celeb Elite even ha x

Latest posts

Back