Hair extensions SOS

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnnaEx

Reaction score
Hello! I am no hair expert but i thought i'd chance it and post here for some experts opinion!

I've had hot fusion hair extensions in my hair 3 times now. Usually, I have my hair sort of a bleach blonde shade. Long story short, went to another hair dresser, had only bleach highlight with my natural hair coming through aswell. Natural hair is a very cool, dark blonde.

It seems after 1 wash my bleach highlights have faded and blended into my own hair colour? Went to get extensions in and they do not match at all! She had to put 3 different extensions in. 1 bleach blonde, 1 warm dark blonde, and the other a mix of between the other 2.

She did say you can put a little more highlight into the top of your hair just to make it more blended and even it out. But i hate how the warm and bleach extensions look on me! It looks like the early 2000's mix hair extensions trend!

HELP what to do?! Can you dye hair extensions? Tone them? How do i get my bleach highlights blonder?!

Last edited:
Maybe your other hairdresser used a highlift tint rather than bleach?
Don't attempt to colour your extensions as they've already been heavily chemically treated and you'll dry them out and invalidate any guarantee.
Ask your extensionist to swap the warm coloured extensions for cooler toned ones?

Latest posts

Back