Hair | Hair Brand Ressurects Marilyn Monroe For New Advertising Campaign

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
If it isn't Californian music festivals ressurecting dead rappers, it's hair brands ressurecting dead actresses. In the name of capitalism, Sexy Hair have brought the iconic actress back from the grave in order to sell more products.

According to a report on WWD.com, Karl Heinz-Pitsch, President and CEO of the brand says, "One of Marilyn's most famous quotes [was], 'In Hollywood a girl's virtue is much less important that her hair do'. We couldn't have asked for a better testimonial...By joining forces with Marilyn and using her image for our upcoming campaign we hope to strengthen the sex appeal and allure of the Sexy Hair brand."

The company have paid millions to the Authentic Brands Group for the right to use the star's image and seem to believe that it's worth every penny for a campaign that's literally dead sexy.

What's wrong with gorgeous, beautiful women who are alive? How bad must it be if we have to drag fabulous actresses from their final resting place to sell a bit of hairspray?

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• fs-marilyn02-640x959.jpg
    fs-marilyn02-640x959.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 515
  • fs-marilyn01-640x959.jpg
    fs-marilyn01-640x959.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 200
Ah, but think of the Western world's most iconic beauty. Yep. Maybe it's a case of "think big to win"?

I like this campaign Marylin was a "real size" beauty. In a world where all the models are size zero and celebs promote "thin to win" I love the idea the sex appeal of Marylin is so strong it blows the modern celebs out of the water. Ok the images are airbrushed but we all have seen the pics of her in the white swim suit and associate sexy, curvy and real with Marylin Monroe. So I think the brand have a great campaign.

Wow that's so tacky!
If you read the full quote, it takes on a different meaning:

"In Hollywood a girl's virtue is much less important than her hairdo. You're judged by how you look, not by what you are. Hollywood's a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for kiss, and fifty cents for your soul. I know, because I turned down the first offer often enough and held out for the fifty."

I much prefer the Joan Crawford quote...

'I think the most important thing a woman can have - next to talent, of course - is her hairdresser'

Latest posts

Back