Hard work

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshLovesTanning

Tanning ❤️
Reaction score
When you first started of in your business, how hard did you have to work to build it? What did you do that you went out of your way for clients?

I'm interested to read your replies on this. Fairly new to tanning and bookings have gone a little quiet. Wondering if it's time of year?

When you first started of in your business, how hard did you have to work to build it? What did you do that you went out of your way for clients?

It is hard work and you push promote harder than any other job...... and you work round the clock not set hours .....the satisfaction rewards are worth it .......do leaflet drop promore facebook page do a competition look my salon page vip helensburgh good luck

I do feel it is a fairly quiet time at the moment. If that makes you feel any better! [emoji4]

Honestly I rang a few mobile beauticians and they all had bad customer service. Some of them wouldn't come to my location even though they are mobile... some were charging me €10 for petrol and they weren't even coming far! I feel like most mobile techs are only interested in making money not return clients. They have such bad customer service not to mention they are very cheap... it's always a great idea to keep up with your competition... @Spray tan jane is there any tips you can give us? @donnamich @RED STAR I would love to hear from you too:p:p:p:p

It's very hard work. Iv been self employed in my own little salon for 4 years now but it's been the hardest 4 years! Most of my customers are through word of mouth which I find is the best way as the work follows. I'm just about ready to go full time and give up my part time job so I can't wait :) stick at it and the rewards will come! Good luck x

When i first started it was really hard. I had family telling me i was being stupid for even attempting starting my own business and that i was only going to fail. I think this pushed me to try harder just to prove them wrong. I had my own salon but ended up giving it up and working from my home and mobile which i prefer. I've still got a lot more to work on, but i'm pretty happy where i am today with my business. You just have to keep pushing forward, and more importantly, never give up!! Xx

You are so right. The best advice I ever had was to be different. Excellent customer service is really how your going to excel in self employed business... There has been so many experiences I have had with salons and mobile techs that have stuck in my mind to be different from them! I think tanning actually picks up I'm the winter cause there is no Sun and so many clients get a tan before they go on holiday... fingers crossed

This is interesting to read. With so much competition around my area I actually thought to myself "why am I even bothering?" But then thought, no keep at it! Bookings are quiet at the mo and it's disheartening but I'm determined to carry on.

This is interesting to read. With so much competition around my area I actually thought to myself "why am I even bothering?" But then thought, no keep at it! Bookings are quiet at the mo and it's disheartening but I'm determined to carry on.
Theres loads of competition in my area too, you just have to be better than all the others. Give more to your clients than 'just another spray tan'. Make them feel special, make them feel comfortable and they will come back time and time again and they'll tell everyone they know who the best spray tanner is. YOU. Xx

Thanks Donna, I always have a nosey on the others pages and see what they do. One of them rushes in and out I've been told. I was complimented by a client who said I'm attentive and that was lovely! My dodgy first spray tan gun didn't give me the best of starts! Xx

Thanks Donna, I always have a nosey on the others pages and see what they do. One of them rushes in and out I've been told. I was complimented by a client who said I'm attentive and that was lovely! My dodgy first spray tan gun didn't give me the best of starts! Xx
You didn't have much luck with that gun did you . At least you're sorted now. Your tans look great. I've found that when your clients start talking to you like they are in a therapy session thats when you know your doing it right. Its shows they feel really comfortable not only to get naked but to off load problems they probably haven't spoke to anyone else about. It makes a difference having a chat instead of rushing in and out xx

Ha no, that gun gave me a lot of stress and probably some non returning clients [emoji15] but hey ho! Aww thank you! Yeah it's nice when they talk to you like they've known you for ages. Shows they're comfortable doesn't it xx

It really does cause when they are comfortable with you they can't wait for their app... Just think how you want to be treated...

Latest posts

Back