Have you ever been interviewed?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cashew

Reaction score
New York City, NY, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, V
Here's a question for all of you geeks...

Has a prospective client ever interviewed you before any service has been rendered? Interview in the sense of:
  • What are your qualifications?
  • Where were you trained?
  • What techniques do you use?
  • What products do you use?
  • How do you keep your equipment clean and sanitized/sterilized? (as the need requires)
  • How have your clients responded/reacted to your work?
  • Do you have any pictures of work you have done?
I'm looking into finding a nail tech in my area. I figure that these questions would be a good place to start, as I honestly don't know of any non-nss in my area (that I have gone into/drived by... there is 1 Creative tech in my area I've never visited, I'm awaiting a reply e-mail)

Would you guys and gals be put off by these questions? I figure that I interview my MD, my Dentist, and my Tattoo Artist, and I use generally these questions for them, and they don't mind.. (pictures esp, when it comes to the dentist and tattoo artist)

Thanks for your response,
Cashew

not in such detail..but any good nail tech would be more than happy to answer your questions..just be sure to explain at the beginning you are searching for a great nail tech as you have had a few bad experiences (dont know if thats true,but it sounds good,lol.)so you need to ask these questions,keep it friendly throughout..i think its a excellent way of sorting the good from the bad..a good tech will be answer all this without an attitude,IMO...although some may be a bit suss that you could be another nail tech checking them out,lol. good luck!

Hi there. So the search is on. I can't say that I've ever been interveiwed by a client, usually the main thing that they've been interested beforehand is price. I think if somebody rang & asked these kinds of questions I would be quite suprised, but also impressed by their commitment to finding a good tech. I would imagine that a client who put that much effort into finding the right nail tech would also listen to me & my advice & take the time to maintain their nails properly.
Good Luck.

I have had clients ask for pictures of my work before but I would be happy to answer any of those questions ... I have also always offered a free demonstration nail to anyone and they can observe my sanitary procedures etc during that time.

I was interviewed once by someone looking for facials. I have a very young sounding voice - kinda squeaky! - and I think she thought I was 19 and straight out of college as I'd only been doing beauty for about a year(not that there's anything wrong in that mind!). Anyway she was so rude to me that I made no effort whatsoever to gain her as a client. She was the one who lost out as a Nimue facial would have been just what her skin needed.

So yeah, it's fine to interview a prospective nail tech, but make sure you do it in a positive way or you could actually lose out on a damned fine tech who isn't desperate for the business and will sack YOU before you even get a toe through the door!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back