Having trouble with Lycon, please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

☆Hannah☆

Reaction score
I've used lycon for over 5 years and was trained through lycon, where I worked before we used the lycon wax pots.
I've just recently started a new place which they use lycon here too however I'm not using the lycon wax pot I'm using a hive one as they already have 3 lycon pots they didn't want to spend for a 4th and this one's a duo so it's more handy for space.
I done my first Hollywood using it and I'm confident with intimate waxing it's one of my favourites, I done a client yesterday with my hive pot with lycon and the wax just kept snapping, I've never had it before it weren't completely dry so it weren't to hard but it weren't completely soft. Everytime I went to pull it off it wouldn't come off in the nice one silky strip it would snap here there and everywhere! the client was in so much pain she was screeching I felt horrible and it knocked my confidence a bit.
I though maybe it's the pot so I tried one of the girls lycon pots and it still done it! I know I'm applying a thick enough layer because I've made sure of it as I thought first off its to thin....

I don't know what's going on I've never experienced the wax do this before am I doing something wrong? is the room to hot or I don't know but it's knocked my confidence with intimate waxing quite a bit :/

Please help xx

I've used lycon for over 5 years and was trained through lycon, where I worked before we used the lycon wax pots.
I've just recently started a new place which they use lycon here too however I'm not using the lycon wax pot I'm using a hive one as they already have 3 lycon pots they didn't want to spend for a 4th and this one's a duo so it's more handy for space.
I done my first Hollywood using it and I'm confident with intimate waxing it's one of my favourites, I done a client yesterday with my hive pot with lycon and the wax just kept snapping, I've never had it before it weren't completely dry so it weren't to hard but it weren't completely soft. Everytime I went to pull it off it wouldn't come off in the nice one silky strip it would snap here there and everywhere! the client was in so much pain she was screeching I felt horrible and it knocked my confidence a bit.
I though maybe it's the pot so I tried one of the girls lycon pots and it still done it! I know I'm applying a thick enough layer because I've made sure of it as I thought first off its to thin....

I don't know what's going on I've never experienced the wax do this before am I doing something wrong? is the room to hot or I don't know but it's knocked my confidence with intimate waxing quite a bit :/

Please help xx
Hello
I'm trained in lycon too.but it seems to me you are leaving the wax dry too much.you need to keep an eye on it because if it gets too dry it snaps.I learned that through my own experience with it.defiantly nothe the wax pot.

There's been a problem with Lycon apparently. They had to use a different bees wax and it's made the wax a bit brittle. I'm told the problem is solved now. I had it with vanilla and rose but the choc seems to be fine.
Very annoying, they should have sent a statement to account holders.
I hate it, thought I'd lost my touch! X

I thought I had mine aswel! Its only here it happened never had the problem before and I'm always checking the wax while its on the skin.
We did recently have a new delivery for lycon come in of the rose and I havent had the problem since, hopefully it was just a dodgey batch and not me :o :D x

Had the same problem too, but its definitely not the wax pots but just a bad batch i assume as when i had my next delivery wax was fine.

There was a shortage of beeswax in Australia so they replaced it with something else and it was causing the wax to crack so that is more than likely;y your issue. You need to contact your supplier, although Lycon should have emailed you in regards to that

Latest posts

Back