HD Brows suspending account as haven't purchased goods in 6 months

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dawncbn

Reaction score
I am totally affronted by the manner in which HD brows are going about business. I did the training back in 2014 at a cost of £1200 plus a 2 night hotel stay.

I don't do a huge amount of HD brows and I have enough stock to keep me going. I have just had a crass letter saying that they are going to suspend my account as I haven't ordered anything in 6 months!!!!!

That is totally out of order, I have never been treated this way off a company that i have spent my hard earned money on their training.

That's very poor service!
I've reactivated beauty wholesalers accounts that had been dormant for years without issue.

I don't do a huge amount of HD brows and I have enough stock to keep me going. I have just had a crass letter saying that they are going to suspend my account as I haven't ordered anything in 6 months!!!!!.

Have they given you a deadline in which to re-order before cutting you off?
If so, that sounds rather desperate on their part.

Have they given you a deadline in which to re-order before cutting you off?
If so, that sounds rather desperate on their part.
7 days, but i don't need anything!!!

That's terrible! I'd be absolutely fuming!
I'm glad I didn't bother to train with them (not that that helps you)
They clearly don't value their customers at all [emoji35]

Obviously, if they valued their customers they wouldn't send 'threats' like this out just before Christmas. It just smacks of financial dire straits. Sad really.

I think it's to try and get rid of those that train and purchase inferior own brand products and still claim to be hd brows. Call them and explain.

And they take u off salon finder.....it's to stop people training and buying cheaper and doing the brows cheaper ...if you spent all that money to train then u should be doing it as a business and ordering before 6 months. [emoji2]

And they take u off salon finder.....it's to stop people training and buying cheaper and doing the brows cheaper ...if you spent all that money to train then u should be doing it as a business and ordering before 6 months. [emoji2]

I don't buy inferior products!!!!!! Everything is HD if I was in the salon now I would take a picture of all the products that are theirs right down to the applicators. The only thing I got rid of ages ago was their black wax pot as it was crap. I just don't do loads of them. I charge £27 for them and do a couple a month. I'm mainly waxing and nails. I certainly won't be pushing them now, they can go to hell!!

I don't buy inferior products!!!!!! Everything is HD if I was in the salon now I would take a picture of all the products that are theirs right down to the applicators. The only thing I got rid of ages ago was their black wax pot as it was crap. I just don't do loads of them. I charge £27 for them and do a couple a month. I'm mainly waxing and nails. I certainly won't be pushing them now, they can go to hell!!

From what I read it Kay is just saying that other people may do that, it wasn't aimed at you Hun. Xx

I'd probably feel like you as well and I think it's very poor. I'd be fuming.

Howwver, I'd call them to explain (or email, as you can consider what you're going to say more and not lose your rag) and hopefully you can sort it out.

If not, I'd consider making a small purchase to keep your account open tbh otherwise your initial investment of £1200 is wasted and that would be such a shame.

Hope you can sort it out.

What do you only do a couple a month? I can see why HD do it but they really would be better off contacting you to see how you can market the treatment more successfully, that would be beneficial to both parties

So if you work part time and offer other treatments you're penalised?
I think that's poor service.

Last edited:
What do you only do a couple a month? I can see why HD do it but they really would be better off contacting you to see how you can market the treatment more successfully, that would be beneficial to both parties

I'm busy waxing most of the time. There are too many people around here offering alternative cheaper brows and I'm buggered if I'm going to fall into that trap. Besides it's irrelevant how many I do, the fact is I paid for my training!

I understand what you're saying but as the developer only lasts 6 months you wouldn't be able to do any treatments without at least placing an order for that

I understand what you're saying but as the developer only lasts 6 months you wouldn't be able to do any treatments without at least placing an order for that

Last 6 months from being opened.
If she bought two or more in one order (fairly normal?), then she might not order again for 12 months or even longer.

They were probably the leading brand but now there are lots of perfectly good alternatives out there and this company won't hold onto customers by bullying them. It's really not an effective business tactic. ;)

Totally agree with dawncbn

I'm only part time and primarily do lashes. I find any time I advertise for brows the customer sees my website realise I do lashes and I end up getting more enquiries for lashes.

I'd like more brow customers because it is a shorter treatment. But the brand no longer sells itself. Probably due to loads of other brands available and microblading.

I purely use HD Brows products but as the postage is not cheap, I tend to stock up when I put in a order. Therefore I do not need to purchase as frequent as every 5 months.

They treat you as if you are in debt!!!! I paid my training fee to earn my stripes.

Also, there were no appointments for the refresher course for the first 12 months! (this should have been free) after 12 months had passed I continued to enquire but they then wanted to charge me over £100 for a refresher. Even though it was them who couldn't fit me in!

Another thing that winds me up, is on several occasions they have been to my city to do 'pop up' training for new recruits but they won't let you do your refresher at one.

They just seem money grabbing and desperate ATM.

If they removed me from salon finder I wouldn't even notice. I no longer get many enquiries from it because my area is now saturated.

I don't regret doing the course because at the time I don't think there was another course that could have improved my ability to the level that HD Brows did.

But the support ever since has been completely lacking
Really.

The group on Facebook is to stop people feeling the need to chat about HD on here and other forums but it's totally restricted and you can't talk freely on there.

I wanted to virtual stockist as I'm such a small outfit didn't see the point in laying out hundreds on stock that may not be sold. Brow customer like to buy the products so I put some money aside to open a virtual stockist account but...
I could order what they want as they want it and earn a little commission but oh no! Couldn't chose brow products!!! Only make up! Make up, for which I am not trained and have no intention in training in...

Just another disappointment from HD Brows

Sorry for the rant but there are probably more like use feeling this way xx

Totally agree with dawncbn

I'm only part time and primarily do lashes. I find any time I advertise for brows the customer sees my website realise I do lashes and I end up getting more enquiries for lashes.

I'd like more brow customers because it is a shorter treatment. But the brand no longer sells itself. Probably due to loads of other brands available and microblading.

I purely use HD Brows products but as the postage is not cheap, I tend to stock up when I put in a order. Therefore I do not need to purchase as frequent as every 5 months.

They treat you as if you are in debt!!!! I paid my training fee to earn my stripes.

Also, there were no appointments for the refresher course for the first 12 months! (this should have been free) after 12 months had passed I continued to enquire but they then wanted to charge me over £100 for a refresher. Even though it was them who couldn't fit me in!

Another thing that winds me up, is on several occasions they have been to my city to do 'pop up' training for new recruits but they won't let you do your refresher at one.

They just seem money grabbing and desperate ATM.

If they removed me from salon finder I wouldn't even notice. I no longer get many enquiries from it because my area is now saturated.

I don't regret doing the course because at the time I don't think there was another course that could have improved my ability to the level that HD Brows did.

But the support ever since has been completely lacking
Really.

The group on Facebook is to stop people feeling the need to chat about HD on here and other forums but it's totally restricted and you can't talk freely on there.

I wanted to virtual stockist as I'm such a small outfit didn't see the point in laying out hundreds on stock that may not be sold. Brow customer like to buy the products so I put some money aside to open a virtual stockist account but...
I could order what they want as they want it and earn a little commission but oh no! Couldn't chose brow products!!! Only make up! Make up, for which I am not trained and have no intention in training in...

Just another disappointment from HD Brows

Sorry for the rant but there are probably more like use feeling this way xx

I've recently received an email regarding their new hd makeup masterclass which includes the virtual stockist start up. I am very tempted to do the class but on reading this thread I'm a little torn on whether they're a good company to be with or not. I'm not sure if they've lost their way a little since rebranding. I'm very much on the fence right now.
Can I ask, as a virtual stockist can you purchase stock for your kit at a trade price or is it just a case of ordering it as if you are a customer using your unique code & then get the commission back? TIA

I've recently received an email regarding their new hd makeup masterclass which includes the virtual stockist start up. I am very tempted to do the class but on reading this thread I'm a little torn on whether they're a good company to be with or not. I'm not sure if they've lost their way a little since rebranding. I'm very much on the fence right now.
Can I ask, as a virtual stockist can you purchase stock for your kit at a trade price or is it just a case of ordering it as if you are a customer using your unique code & then get the commission back? TIA

I think you buy it at trade, sell it at a profit and make commission but I'm not 100% sure.

But they won't let brow stylists just stick to brows and do this. They insist you buy into make up.

To progress to a pro brow stylist it will cost over £500 plus travel costs and I'm not even really sure what the benefits are.

Now that Nilam (one of the founders and an inspiration) has left HD, I won't be investing any further into this brand.

I think you buy it at trade, sell it at a profit and make commission but I'm not 100% sure.

But they won't let brow stylists just stick to brows and do this. They insist you buy into make up.

To progress to a pro brow stylist it will cost over £500 plus travel costs and I'm not even really sure what the benefits are.

Now that Nilam (one of the founders and an inspiration) has left HD, I won't be investing any further into this brand.

I know that for a virtual stockist you don't physically handle the stock. You have a unique code that the customer enters at check out and then the commission is paid directly to you from HD. I'm just unsure how the kit replenishment would work.
I had no idea that nilan had left. She's still on marketing photos though isn't she.

Latest posts

Back