Heating towels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ltongue

Reaction score
Hi, How do you heat yor towels for manicures and pedicures? I don't want to buy mittens or booties unless I really have to!

Louisa x :)

hiya...i sprinkle with a few drops of water and put them in the microwave for a few secs....lovely and warm. HTH xxx

HI,
Another good way, is to sprinkle some towels with water and put them in a Crockpot (slo-cooker) at the low heat and that will keep them warm all day. This is great for when you want a warm moist towel to remove the crystal activator during a Spamanicure as the towel at the bottom of the crockpot usually stays quite moist......
and you can get one with a glass lid quite cheap (£15) at Asda!!!

izzidoll said:
HI,
Another good way, is to sprinkle some towels with water and put them in a Crockpot (slo-cooker) at the low heat and that will keep them warm all day. This is great for when you want a warm moist towel to remove the crystal activator during a Spamanicure as the towel at the bottom of the crockpot usually stays quite moist......
This is what I do too. My mum had an old slow cooker that she didn't use, so I nabbed it!

I agree with the crock pot method also. I have doing this for a while and it is the cheapest way and I have never had any complaints from anyone.

Whenever I would go on moblie calls into a home, I would just wet a few towels and put them in a small plastic bag ( parafin bags) and then stick them in the microwave for about 1 minute.

I've just got a hot towel cabinet, and as Roofie would say, it's the mutts nuts. Best thing I've bought in a long time, I use it for anything I can - especially facials, magice for getting cleanser, exfoliant and masks off. My clients are Lurving it!

ltongue said:
Hi, How do you heat yor towels for manicures and pedicures? I don't want to buy mittens or booties unless I really have to!

Louisa x :)

That's what I was wondering after we did the Spa day yesterday!

Lovely to meet you Louisa xxx

izzidoll said:
HI,

Izzi that is what my mum Geeg used to do!! Worked a treat!! - you can drop oils in etc to make the towels smell gorg!

Mrs Geek said:
you can drop oils in etc to make the towels smell gorg!

yep, I do this too, really adds to the experience, loads of clients comment on how nice it is.

for anyone interested in a slow cooker for warming towels argos have one in their sale at the moment for 8.99 (item 420/7490)
icon_biggrin.gif

this might sound daft but how many towels can you fit in a slow cooker, i know they are only hand towels /flannal size etc, but have no idea on average how many u can get away with putting in :green:
also how long does it have to be on before it gets warm ? ???
thanks guys xx

Hi guys got my slow cooker from argos today and will try it out tomorrow, then on Monday I have my 1st paying client for a manicure (scary!!) Thanks Karen for recommending the Argos one, my husband didn't mind only paying £8.99!!

Louisa x

dee said:
this might sound daft but how many towels can you fit in a slow cooker, i know they are only hand towels /flannal size etc, but have no idea on average how many u can get away with putting in :green:
also how long does it have to be on before it gets warm ? ???
thanks guys xx

i use the manicure towels that are slightly smaller than regular hand towels and i can get about 4 or 5 in and my towelling hand mitts as well ... it heats up fairly quickly as well i moisten the towels in hot scented water then roll them up and then put them in standing up instead of on top of each other so that they are easy to remove and easy to replace with fresh so that i have a constant supply then i leave it on a low setting... every now and then i check that they aren`t drying out and spray with water if they are..hope this helps..

I sprinkle with water, and spray them with an aroma spray then put on the microwave for a few seconds, i also do this for hot towel facials.

Latest posts

Back