Help! Advice for start-up hair/nail salon urgently required!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharleen

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I'm in the middle of writing a business plan for a new salon I am hoping to raise finance to open this summer. Honestly speaking I am not a hair professional (will employ salon manager) but I have a unique concept which I feel will enhance the services offered within hair salons, beneficial for both staff and regular clients like myself lol

I was wondering if anyone could help me on a few things which I am having trouble researching, like
1. An average estimated amount on how much one would spend on stock and how often?
2. Average amount spent on utility bills for an average sized salon 3 styling, chairs, 2/3 driers 3 wash basins
3. Chair renting options, ie basic vs commission (be great to hear perspective from both salon owners and stylists, nail tech)

I would be very very greatful for any help anyone could offer me

Thanks

Sha

Hi
I own a hairdressers in birmingham, I spend between £100 and £200 a week on stock. about £60 a week on utility bills. I don't rent any chairs out but my wages come to about £500 a week.
Then there's all the other things to pay for, rent , rates, and loads more
Good luck

yep dont froget you have to pay for bins emptying, sanitary services , licence for playing radio etc.......
cant really say how much you should earn as i dont have a salon ,
but just thought i would let you know a few more things you have to prepare for xxxx

hhhhmmmmmm, well i think you have set yourself a huge task if you are not from the industry and just want to place a manager in the salon... all salons are a mammoth task to set up and keep running after the "Honey Moon Period", The questions you are asking are just the tip of the iceberg... i would also be inclined to go down the route of staffing and employment.... In my experience you have to earn respect from your staff and that's one way to keep them and have loyalty.. personally i dont think i could work for someone that is not industry background... sorry if this sounds harsh but when you have your first meeting to raise funds the questions will be a lot more direct than mine... just be prepared... Good Luck .

Latest posts

Back