Help Advice Wanted!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christi

Softie Walter Geek
Reaction score
Hiya all, was just wondering if anyone could advice me on this please!

Last night i put a set of enhancements on a ladie with badly bitten nails, while i was there her daughter who is a diabetic took her insulin as usual, anyway just before i was due to leave her daughter went down( their words for it not mine) before she called an ambulance her mum asked me if i would run a block down for help, and get her son who is also a diabetic( i did).This surprised me a bit as i have never seen this happen before.

My point being her daughter whose nails are worse than her mums (barley 5 mm) of nail on some) had said she would like a set of enhancements too.
While we where chatting her mum had told me earlier that her daughter was pregnant again( she said Quote" looks like we will be having the ambulance again every week". Apparently this is not an uncommon occurrence (going down, sorry don't know what else to call it)

Well apart from the obvious risks of working on a diabetic( which i have never done yet) this girl also has the added risks related to pregnancy.

Help what should i do?. your advice would be very much appreciated.
My dilemma.... Should i? or shouldn't i put a set on enhancements on this girl?

Many thanks :Love: xxx

Jeez, you must have got quite a shock!
I'm type 2 DB and I have no problems with l&p but I find with gel if I'm severly dehydrated that they will lift.

You should have no problems with a normal DB but I feel this girl doesnt have control over her illness so I personally wouldnt. Going down is either Hypoglycemia (too little blood sugar) or Hyperglycemia (too much!) as she took her insulin in front of you and had a 'turn' I doubt she took the right amount - Actually No I cant comment but from what it sounds like I would just encourage natural nail care as nails tend to have a spurt during pregnancy.

Another reason I say no as if this girl is 'going down' reguarly and had complecations with her pregnancy and they needed to keep her in then they'd need to see the nail plate.

Sorry if I sound negative but this isnt normal behaviour for a DB so she is quite ill at mo'. HTH

Hi Christi

Most diabetics manage to get their insulin dependency under control. However when you are pregnant the scores change. Ie it is harder to get the doses right.

My friend and model, whom I have been doing nails on for about 5 1/2 years is a diabetic and has had 2 children during that time! It has not hampered her having her nails done. (She does have chilly hands though.) Diabetics dont heal as well as non diabetics, so cuts etc take longer to heal so be careful with the cuticles etc. While my friend was pregnant the last time she was checking her sugar levels and injecting insulin 4 times a day to avoid a low, or a high.

Julie

Hi all

Thanks for that!

Her mum was saying that she didn't have any glucose in to give her!
My sister lives with her brother and has told me on occasion that he too does exactly the same, and is partially blind( both been diagnosed with this in childhood)

I don't think i am qualified, or confident enough to put a set on her anyway!

PS apparently she has had to Finnish work because of fitting through pregnancy.

Thanks for the advice

:Love: xx

Latest posts

Back