Help-burned scalp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lillmizz

Reaction score
so long long story short i went to a salon to get a full head silver tuesday, they put 9% fudge bleach all over my hair/head. 20 mins it was burning. they washed put a tonner on and that burned even more so they washed off now ive been left with blistered weeping open sores on my head anti bios cause infection and steriod treatment for scalp was given wednesday. i was skin tested the week before btw with bleach also and that was fine. my question is what can i do wit my hair its a right mess. bright yellow white and a slight tinge of very light orange. the doctor said nothing untill healed but my 1st anniversary is saturday and we are going away will it matter if i try to tone down with loreal expert silver shampoo just for Saturday?

Should not use bleach on scalp with more than 6%... some people say that blisters are part of having bleached hair, I agree to an extent.. but not to the extent yours is... olaplex treatments and a nice hat until scalp is healed then I'd tone it down and not bother with the bleach on scalp any more xx

9% plus bleach on the scalp was probably quite unnecessary. Some hairdressers use high strength peroxide for speed, to get you out of their chair more quickly. It's unusual to skin test for bleach though.

If your skin has open wounds and is infected, you really mustn't put any more chemicals on it. Try wearing a pretty scarf, hat, flower band and cover it rather than try to correct the colour. You don't want to make a bad situation worse.

Oh, and blisters with bleached hair is a sign of a lazy/incompetent hairdresser.
Your scalp should never burn, when done properly.

Happy anniversary.

Hi, I would really not recommend any chemicals until it's healed as you're going to make the skin worse! Try a form of plait? Or a head scarf maybe 50s style :).
Sorry for your situation, I hope you heal quickly, enjoy your anniversary :)

9% plus bleach on the scalp was probably quite unnecessary. Some hairdressers use high strength peroxide for speed, to get you out of their chair more quickly. It's unusual to skin test for bleach though.

If your skin has open wounds and is infected, you really mustn't put any more chemicals on it. Try wearing a pretty scarf, hat, flower band and cover it rather than try to correct the colour. You don't want to make a bad situation worse.

Oh, and blisters with bleached hair is a sign of a lazy/incompetent hairdresser.
Your scalp should never burn, when done properly.

Happy anniversary.
Always skin test, you will always have to use a toner after bleaching, this should be patch tested even when just highlighting. NOT patch testing is also a good indication of lazy/incompetent hairdresser

Always skin test, you will always have to use a toner after bleaching, this should be patch tested even when just highlighting. NOT patch testing is also a good indication of lazy/incompetent hairdresser

Yes, I totally agree about patch testing, particularly for toners following bleaching.

However, the OP stated she was tested with bleach, which is why I said it was unusual but maybe it's something that some hairdressers are doing these days? I haven't read any new guidelines to this effect though.

My colour company always say to to test with what your using or if you're not sure what colour the client is having to just skin test with the clients natural colour, I've got my colour rep in tomorrow so I will check

this was my scalp 4 days after that appointment with the salon. now nearly 2 weeks later its very scabby cant get them off my hair ive tried oil treatment and warm towels. i want my hair done asap im sick of everyone looking at me but my scalp is still very sensitive ive got the doctors again thursday just to check before i have anything done as im going for foils to try and fix the colour

Attachments

• IMG_20170714_130804.jpg
    IMG_20170714_130804.jpg
    918.1 KB · Views: 220
That looks pretty sore.
I'd be very wary even trying foils so definitely get a skin test beforehand.

You will still need a skin test for foils

ive had a skin test all fine

Watered down bleach/tint on scabbed wounds.. any reputable hairdresser would not even foil your hair until your scalp is healed. I don't know why you would risk any more damage being done when it clearly bothered you when your scalp got burnt. You risk losing hair, infection etc etc. Any hairdresser who will do anything with a burnt scalp that hasn't yet healed will be voiding their insurance. Pls be careful.

my scalp is just a tad red now with scabs stuck to my hair. its not getting foiled for another two weeks been doctors today and he said it should be fine in 2 weeks but im never allowed colour or bleach to the scalp only foils

If it was a reaction rather than a burn my insurance is void doing any colour as product when rinsed off still trickles onto the scalp with water... reaction and burns are two different things...

Once your scalp has healed, if your worried about it happening again, maybe use a highlighting cap so nothing touches the scalp

Latest posts

Back