Help! Facebook slander complaint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B3xya

Rebecca
Reaction score
hi everyone,

Looking for some advice I am a fully qualified extensionist and have been mobile for around 4 years now. I fitted half a head of extensions on April 20th and the client was happy at the time.

I received a polite message a few dats ago stating that she was having a few headaches and her hair had snapped and If I would advice removal. I adviced removal for £40 and she asked what pre bonds had been used which were Italian keratin.

I then received a message last night stating that a friend who used to fit extensions was trying to remove using acetone with no luck and I explained a hair extension remover was required as keratin had been used and acetone would not work.

This morning I received a terrible review on my Facebook page and she demanded a full refund stating she had scabs on her scalp and the bonds were disgusting.

I asked for pictures which she sent and I have attached but the extensions were not like this when I left and I believe this photo has been taken whilst using the acetone although she says the photos were taken before.

She has then posted my page and my personal profile on her Facebook and asked everyone to share stating I am a cowboy and not to be used. I am such a worrier that I have caved and gave her a full refund and she has removed the post. I am now fearful that she may repost the slander any advice?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    577.4 KB · Views: 413
  • image.png
    image.png
    577.4 KB · Views: 278
Do you take, before , during and after photos of all your work?? I find this always helps! As proof of your fitting and placement and that it's correct! For awful times like this!

no but I certainly will after this thank you this experience has made me feel ill.

Yes it does!! Don't let people get to you too much nor put you off!! Always remember to take a before! A during ( bond placement close up of your work!) and after ! Just as long as your confident you do a good job and your confident in your sectioning and placement is correct! You have nothing to worry about!

Thank you how would you deal with the slander?

It's called defamation of character, you can get a solicitor to draft a letter informing her that you know she has put posts on social media and that you request they are taken down & if not legal action will be taken. If you can get screen shots of her posts and where she has named you personally and your business then save these.

Thank you I have all of these saved and will keep an eye to see if I hear anything more is this normal do people actually do this? I am so hurt and shocked

Thank you I have all of these saved and will keep an eye to see if I hear anything more is this normal do people actually do this? I am so hurt and shocked

You'd be surprised how many keyboard warriors are out there but wouldn't come to your face and say these things. Trouble is people think they can say/type what they like on social media the Internet etc but there are laws in place. They cannot go around "naming & shaming" people.

A solicitors letter will cost approx £500 to be drafted and sent if you want to go the legal route (in case you do need to go to court) or you can get advice and draft a letter yourself requesting it's removed - although that's all you can do is request if you don't pay a solicitor or if your lucky and have a solicitor friend who can do this for you. If you can prove she has caused loss of earnings to your business you can also go for this too.

Don't post anything on social media about this or send anymore texts etc to her just keep your evidence.

Thank you so much for your advice this has certainly put me off business for life I must say.

Well she hasn't got a leg to stand on in terms of taking me to court as she has now received a full refund which is all documented which I shouldn't of done.

The post she posted on Facebook has been removed as far as I can see or at least it's not public so I can no longer see it as we are not Facebook friends. I have had no further comments or hate mail which I did receive yesterday when the post was put up by her which tells me she has removed the post all together. I have blocked her from my page so I can't receive any direct abuse from her.

I'm just hoping this is the end of the matter.

Thank you so much for your advice this has certainly put me off business for life I must say.

Well she hasn't got a leg to stand on in terms of taking me to court as she has now received a full refund which is all documented which I shouldn't of done.

The post she posted on Facebook has been removed as far as I can see or at least it's not public so I can no longer see it as we are not Facebook friends. I have had no further comments or hate mail which I did receive yesterday when the post was put up by her which tells me she has removed the post all together. I have blocked her from my page so I can't receive any direct abuse from her.

I'm just hoping this is the end of the matter.
The problem is, a refund is technically an admission of liability unless it was expressed explicitly what it was for and in 'full and final settlement' of the situation. Without a letter stating what it was refunded for and in full and final settlement - she could still come after you if so inclined.

Ok I said I would give a full refund if she removed the post and once the refund was given the post was removed. I don't take liability I just wanted the hate mail to stop.

what would you advise ride it out and see if any slander reappears or go and get a solicitor letter straight away?

Ok I said I would give a full refund if she removed the post and once the refund was given the post was removed. I don't take liability I just wanted the hate mail to stop.

what would you advise ride it out and see if any slander reappears or go and get a solicitor letter straight away?
If you said to her 'you can have a full refund if you remove your post' would be seen, in my opinion, by a court as an admission of liability although, I'm certainly no expert. I would just leave it and see what happens. You can't change what's already been done. No point paying out for solicitor letters etc when she may have completely left it, it could stir up the pot.

Thank you I hope not well she did say all she wanted was a full refund so I'm just going to leave it now and hopefully things will be ok just need to stop worrying

Awww love I feel so bad for you that's awful!!!!!! Major sad face [emoji24] xxx don't be disheartened some people are just horrid and can't wait to cause drama xxx

That's awful, it sounds like she was blackmailing you! Shame you gave in, like someone else has said, you will always get the nasty person who wants war or to give you bad press, especially if they don't get their own way.

I've had it recently with a new client, she had Shellac with one of my girls, who I know is a perfectionist and never has issue's. This client after a week whilst abroad on holiday started emailing the salon saying it had started to chip on one nail, the tone of the email was really aggressive right from the word go. I obviously apologised and asked her all the normal questions to try and ascertain what had happened but she just wanted war!! I've had an email every day since she's been on holiday, even though in every reply I've asked her to come back in when she gets back, she's not interested and is now saying she is going to tell everyone on social media what an awful salon we are!

If she does it will be our first ever bad review and I will be replying mentioning that we have done everything in our power to help. People are not stupid they'll get what type of person she is - hopefully!

If your lady does, just reply politely and if she does really start to slander, you have rights and can take legal action, people don't realise you can't just write anything on social media, they can get prosecuted.

Good luck, hopefully you've heard the last of her. xx

Latest posts

Back