Help for newbie in gel polish please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xEmzx

Reaction score
Hi all.

I passed my gel course 2 weeks ago and my friend volunteered to be my guinea pig.
I did them for her last sat. But today she has messaged me to say both her thumbs are chipped but all of the other fingers are fine.
She did say she has flakey nails. Could this be what's caused it? I did contemplate a 3rd coat of colour at the time in the thumbs as it looked quite thin but left it with the 2.
I have added the pics of sat and today. Any advice on this please? The only other thing I can think of is I did not cap it or the layers where to thin?
Thank you in advance
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1438366906.040735.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1438366926.099809.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1438366972.937239.jpg

It could be a number of things, sometimes with the thumbs and depending on the lamp you use you have to cure them separately as don't lay flat in the lamp.

I'd say you must have applied correctly and done correct prep if all the others are ok.

Thank you for your reply. I did the two thumbs together and they where flat for the correct time. I have not added a good pic of the thumb so here is another lol.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1438367878.384228.jpg

What brand of polish did you use if you don't mind me asking? Did you train in that specific brand? Xx

No was not brand specific. Ibd. Base, gel polish and top coat all ibd x

Did you cap the free edge??

I thought I had. But maybe not. Will try again and see what happens.

Latest posts

Back