Help, how did you decide to take the step into nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QueenBeeBeauty

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im soo indecisive, libra trait im afraid! I cant decide whether to buy a course ive been looking into, been thinking about it for the last 6-7 months and found courses i like from essential nails and worming from home at my own pace would suit me perfectly with a husband, 4 kids and 2 dogs!! (Yes im mad). There is disckunt on the courses at the mo which run until thursday but i just cant seem to be brave enough to buy, what if i cant do it and then realise im not capable of making a business from it! My background is childcare and ive not worked for 7 yrs as ive been bringing up my kiddies so thats where the lack of confidence cones from i think.

i did by myself a non professional kit last yr for my bday and have been doing my own and my best mates nails just to see if i hsve a flare and ive learnt lots just from that and improved and i love nail art and from the badic designs i have done, people say i have a talent so should take the next step but im such a worrier and stall myself moving forward

im hoping peoples stories may boost me and push me to make a decision asap

thanks all x

Hi hun, I too was like you and also a stay at home mum and loved working on my own nails and friends. I decided to do an essential nails manicure and pedicure course. I loved it and it have me a great inside into what the job entailed. The only thing I would say is it wasn't hands on enough for me and I then decided to train with CND shellac through Sweet squared. It wS then I fell in love with what I did. Each person is different and your doing the right thing by looking around. Just make sure the course is a credited one and you will actually receive a recognised qualification as there are so many out there that don't. From my own opinion I would give the people at sweets squared a ring, they are sooooooo helpful and will give you all the information you need. You will need to do a manicure course before you can train with Shellac or any other brand you decide. This is only my story and others may have more recommendations for where they trained. But please please please make sure the course is recognised as will be a waste of money xxx.

Hi hun, I too was like you and also a stay at home mum and loved working on my own nails and friends. I decided to do an essential nails manicure and pedicure course. I loved it and it have me a great inside into what the job entailed. The only thing I would say is it wasn't hands on enough for me and I then decided to train with CND shellac through Sweet squared. It wS then I fell in love with what I did. Each person is different and your doing the right thing by looking around. Just make sure the course is a credited one and you will actually receive a recognised qualification as there are so many out there that don't. From my own opinion I would give the people at sweets squared a ring, they are sooooooo helpful and will give you all the information you need. You will need to do a manicure course before you can train with Shellac or any other brand you decide. This is only my story and others may have more recommendations for where they trained. But please please please make sure the course is recognised as will be a waste of money xxx.

Thanks for ur reply, i have checked and it is recognused and qualification with them means u can get insurance so thats all ok. Im the other way, i dont want the hands on approach, i learn better in my own time at my own pace, ive done soo much reading and watched lots of youtube videos, ivself learn quite alot and did in my last job, im not very good at being guided and told what and how to do something, i would rather work it out myself and learn from it, just wish i could decide, ive got the money sat there waiting to be used on courses but its actually making that step im finding hard

Any other views/thoughts?

Latest posts

Back