!! help me - got to do a trade test!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terifranci

Reaction score
I am a newly quilified creative nail tech.
yesterday i presented my self and my cv to several
salons in my area (north london).
today a very nice salon owner rang me with a possible
job offer but she wants to see me do a full set. If anybody give me any advice or do and donts i would be
eternaly gratefull.

Relax and do best what you can do and think that you are and best nail technician in the world!! Nothing beats positive thinking. Good luck!! And welcome to the site. :hug:

thanx for the the advice. i will keep my cool and get lots of practice in.
( cute dog by the way )

Try to do a couple of sets the day before to get you going.

But just enjoy it! your getting to show off your talent so be proud and shine x

Just try and relax and believe in yourself, they will understand you having nerves, so just try your best that's all you can do. Good luck Hun, i'm sure you won't need it.:biggrin:

I would do a couple of sets the day before too, get yourself set up and go through the normal set precedure step by step as you would normally do. Do the same on the day.
Its hard to say relax cos It does get you nervous, but im sure you will be fine. Good luck anyway and let us know how you get on.
Sherry

Be particularly careful in your PREP.

The Creative PREP is so gentle and non-invasive and this fact alone is one of the things that impresses people the most ... the fact that there is no need to be aggressive or to use primer or to file the surface of the nail plate when using Creative products. Show 'em how it CAN be done, and be proud.

The finished product is important, but how you get there is just as important.

I started my new job a few weeks ago and i had to do a trade test aswell. I was so nervous i was shaking like a leaf. The lady was fine though and understood. All i can say is pretend that its a normal client and do the best you can and be yourself! Let them think they should have you in their salon. Hope everything goes well and let us know how it goes.xx

Also take Geegs advice on prep, i have had a lots of comments on my prep from clients saying that i was so gentle and that they normally get cut and there nails damaged by filing from other salons.

Latest posts

Back